"Trine 2 hard" achievement bug?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
boneitis

"Trine 2 hard" achievement bug?

Postby boneitis » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:42 am

Well, in my session of achievement hunting, I was given credit for "Trine 2 hard" when I completed the "This Wasn't The Plan" achievement on Mudwater Dale.

Thing is... I'm only now 43/64 completed with 67% on Steam. In fact, I haven't even beaten the game yet!

Is this unintentional? Or is something totally going above my head here?

Please don't take away my achievement! :lol:

FB_Esa

Re: "Trine 2 hard" achievement bug?

Postby FB_Esa » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:13 am

Hello boneitis!

You wouldn't happen to be Chuck Norris would you? Because only he could beat the game without finishing it :D

Its not intentional, no. You have to beat the game in order to get that achievement and its clearly a issue we have to fix.
On the topic of removing achievements: We really can't do that so no worries, you are still going to have your achievement :) (unless Steam decides to take it away)

Ps. Can you tell me what you game settings you had? Did you play it on hard? Did you play it on hardcore mode? Levitation all?
Anything information that could help us reproduce this issue would be helpful :)

boneitis

Postby boneitis » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:29 am

Good luck reproducing this; can't imagine you guys having an easy time with that :P In any case, I would love to help out in any solicited way that I can.

I often see people listing what seem to be the selected options in the launcher, so I will start from there. Let me know if you would like any more info.

1280x800 (16:10), Windowed
AA off, VSync off
Graphics detail level custom (Chose "Very Low" before making some edits in options.txt)
Stereoscopic 3D mode custom

Only other possibly relevant thing I can think of is my changing of some lines in the options.txt as described to me from this post:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4949#p22131

setOption(renderingModule, "UseHalfResolutionTextures", false)
setOption(renderingModule, "ColorTextureMipLevelDrop", 0)
setOption(renderingModule, "NormalTextureMipLevelDrop", 0)
setOption(renderingModule, "SpecularTextureMipLevelDrop", 0)

Thanks guys for the great game!

Edit... oops. Completely forgot about the actual questions asked.

Easy difficulty
Hardcore mode off
Player levitation off
Character mode Unlimited
Single player, local game.

Let me know if you'd like to know anything else!

FB_JussiE

Postby FB_JussiE » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 am

Hello bonetis

"Trine 2 hard" achievement is actually still bound to the original achievements that were in the game on launch.
All of these can be achieved by not completing the game.

We'll probably update the achievement at some point I suppose, but I'm not 100% sure how it should be handled :)

FB_Esa

Postby FB_Esa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:43 am

Yeah i totally forgot that the original Trine 2 achievements didn't include "finish the game-achievement" :P

Sorry about that but now you can enjoy your legitimate Trine 2 hard-achievement :)

boneitis

Postby boneitis » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:23 pm

Haha. Interesting!

Return to “Trine 2”