Trine 2 on new Mac OS Mountain Lion

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
carrow

Trine 2 on new Mac OS Mountain Lion

Postby carrow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi there!
A few weeks ago I ordered Trine 2 via the MacApp store and installed it on Mac OS Lion. Everything works fine.
Now with the up coming new Mountain Lion I heared about several problems of Trine 2 with the new OS.
The web site of RoaringApps tells also about issues...

So are there actually problems? Is that situation known? Don`t know - but is there in the new update 1.16 any patch about that problems included?

So actually I do not dare to upgrade to Mountain Lions as long as I don`t know about the situation regarding Trine 2...

Would be great to get more information from Frozenbyte about it!

FB_JussiE

Re: Trine 2 on new Mac OS Mountain Lion

Postby FB_JussiE » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:23 am

Hello carrow!

All of our games run on on mountain lion
Shadowgrounds survivor has some issues, but Trine 2 should run without problems.

carrow

Postby carrow » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks a lot, FB_JussIE for your quick response.
There are a few complaints regarding issues after updating to Mountain Lion in the german MacApp Store .
So that´s why I`m a little concerned...

But ok., if you are sure lets dare an attempt. Keep my fingers crossed :wink:

Stino Palladino

Postby Stino Palladino » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi FB_Juss,

I am a newbee to Mac, so that might explain my problem :D

However, I bought Trine2 after upgrading to Mountain Lion, and was unable to start Trine2 without having something I retraced as being Scaling problems: the images when opening Trine2 were simply to big for my screen, and I could not get them back to normal. I've now found out that the only way of actually playing the game is taking a lower resolution, but full retina possibility is apparently not possible? I did find some traces of you guys working on it, but I haven't been able to actually find a solution.

Could you help me out? Would be a shame not to be able to match that retina screen with the beauties of Trine2 :)

Thanks a million!

Return to “Trine 2”