Catch This! achievement tips?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
boneitis

Catch This! achievement tips?

Postby boneitis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:47 pm

I've gotten down to two achievements left on my own (save for the infamous Searock Castle exp one), one of them Catch This! where you kill an enemy by launching an object w/ Knight's charge. I've spent almost three hours trying to get this done, and I'm through with trying to do it on my own. Every time the goblins seem to get squeezed out to the side from under the object. I've tried with both a heavy boulder and a level prop unbreakable crate.

Can someone hook up some words of wisdom?

FB_JussiE

Re: Catch This! achievement tips?

Postby FB_JussiE » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:23 am

Hello boneitis!

Atleast what I've seen the easiest way to do this achievement is to levitate an object (I tend to use the unbrekable crates) slightly above the ground right in front of your character with Amadeus, then quickly changing to Pontius and charging right away. The trick is to try to keep the object from touching the ground before hitting the goblin (aiming to their heads seems to work the best).

Hopefully this'll help.

boneitis

Re: Catch This! achievement tips?

Postby boneitis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:00 am

Wow. Okay. With that, I was able to get it done. What I failed to realize is that the "launch" effect of an item being hit by the charge doesn't really occur when the object has been in freefall for a while.

As stated, the key is to charge the object immediately after it is released. Launch effect doesn't really work with a stationary item, either.

Thanks, JussiE!

Return to “Trine 2”