I want my money back (Trine 2)

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
verruckt1942

I want my money back (Trine 2)

Postby verruckt1942 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Me and my friend both bought this game purely to play together. Neither of us can connect to each other in game. We have tried everything. Disabling Firewall, Hamachi, and numerous other solutions we've found online yet nothing is working. The best we can do is that I see he joins my game, his ping goes from 250ms and keeps climbing up to the 10000's, then he disconnects.

It's been almost a year since this game was released yet apparently the developer cannot "reproduce the problem on their own end."

Anyone got any solutions? Would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Can't find anything helpful even on Steam forums.

trinetiatic

Re: I want my money back (Trine 2)

Postby trinetiatic » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:14 pm

I am no expert, nor do I work at frozenbyte but you could check the following things.

Did you play other types of games that have similar connectivity (for example counter strike - one of you hosting the game and the other joining), does that work?

Maybe the problem is with your ISP.

Do any of you have a router? Maybe the ports that Trine 2 uses are blocked by the router (so if you disable the firewall in windows it has no effect on the firewall inside the router ).

Do games created by other players work?

I presume you have it on steam, does your steam status is set to offline (it's been known that this might cause problems when playing online).
The path of righteousness is always wrong..

FB_JussiE

Postby FB_JussiE » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:49 am

Hello verruckt1942 and sorry to hear you're having problems.

Have you tried following the instructions posted at: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2827833
We'd be especially interested in the logs from you and your friend.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

FB_Joni

Postby FB_Joni » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi verruckt1942,

Has any of the replies solved your problem? Are you and your friend able to play now?

If for some reason any of the solutions above haven't been able to help, please contact private email support at http://www.frozenbyte.com/contact

Again, sorry to hear about your problematic experience!

Joni

Return to “Trine 2”