Trine Complete Collection .. not so complete

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
bogg

Trine Complete Collection .. not so complete

Postby bogg » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:26 pm

Greetings,

I already own Trine (non-steam) and Trine 2 (steam). When I saw the Complete Collection bundle having the new DLC and including the previous games I thought It was a nice thing for me to get thinking I would get a giftable copy of the Trine 2 game that I could send to my nephew since It was already part of my steam collection. I didn't mind getting the original Trine added to my steam even though I had it in Non-Steam version from an old Humble Bundle before I really started to use Steam and I mainly wanted to get the new DLC.

To my surprise when I added the Trine Complete Collection to my Steam account it didn't leave me any copy of Trine 2 to gift away, so I end up paying again for something I already owned which kinda sucks. I would seriously have expected the extra copy of Trine 2 to be left in my inventory like many other games I got before did when I already owned a part of a bundle (Torchlight per example). Instead the Trine 2 included in the Complete Collection just simply dissapears never to be seen again.. een though it was paid for. Wouldn't that have been the normal thing to happen ? It honestly became kinda pointless for me to get this Complete Collection and that even at 75% off since the DLC alone which is what I was missing would have cost me less at full price.. :?

Was I really expecting too much ?

Thanx for letting me know

FB_Mikael

Re: Trine Complete Collection .. not so complete

Postby FB_Mikael » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Unfortunately getting giftable versions of the already owned bundled games was not a possibility for this sale.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Mikael

Return to “Trine 2”