[Guide]Trine 2 & Goblin Menace All Experiences and Secrets

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
zqxinran

[Guide]Trine 2 & Goblin Menace All Experiences and Secrets

Postby zqxinran » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:32 am

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL37676FCB9427A9BB

I hope it helps. :)
Please don't watch it until you had tried your best to find them.

UPDATE (in Sep. 12, 2012): Added 6 video guides for collecting all the experiences and secrets (Paintings and Poems) in DLC Expansion Goblin Menace.

FB_JussiE

Re: [Guide]Trine 2 & Goblin Menace All Experiences and Secre

Postby FB_JussiE » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 am

Hello zqxinran.
Really nicely done!

It's nice to have something to point at when players have problems finding the experience :).
Thank you very much for making these.

nqminhuit

Postby nqminhuit » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:14 am

WOW! I missed many xp orbs in Goblin Menace, these guides are really helpful, awesome work man! Thank you so much :D

T4nkcommander

Postby T4nkcommander » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:36 am

SO I think there might be bugs on some of the levels not allowing players to obtain all the xp, even tho they 'got' it all. I've gone through several levels now, going exactly where OP has gone, and finding I've already got the vial there, but still showing I've missed 1-3 XP. I've got this problem on Brackenridge, Heroes Return, Mosslight, and Searock. I checked each location while watching the videos to no avail, and I know I got everything that he got in the walkthroughs.

For the stuff that I actually missed, it might be nice to have something that hints in at the xp if you are close to it. All the ones I missed was because I thought I cleared the area, not because I didn't check it. Especially when they are hidden behind objects in the environment, you can't always tell if you jumped everywhere to grab the hiding stuff.

zqxinran

Postby zqxinran » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:13 pm

T4nkcommander wrote:SO I think there might be bugs on some of the levels not allowing players to obtain all the xp, even tho they 'got' it all. I've gone through several levels now, going exactly where OP has gone, and finding I've already got the vial there, but still showing I've missed 1-3 XP. I've got this problem on Brackenridge, Heroes Return, Mosslight, and Searock. I checked each location while watching the videos to no avail, and I know I got everything that he got in the walkthroughs.

For the stuff that I actually missed, it might be nice to have something that hints in at the xp if you are close to it. All the ones I missed was because I thought I cleared the area, not because I didn't check it. Especially when they are hidden behind objects in the environment, you can't always tell if you jumped everywhere to grab the hiding stuff.

It is common that you can not collect all the EXPs in some levels.
If you are in EASY MODE, you can collect them.
Maybe we should wait for Frozenbyte to fix it. :)

fb_jlarja

Postby fb_jlarja » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:41 am

zqxinran wrote:It is common that you can not collect all the EXPs in some levels.
If you are in EASY MODE, you can collect them.
Maybe we should wait for Frozenbyte to fix it. :)

There aren't any known bugs about missing level experience. We are looking into some enemy experience bugs (and have found at least one). However, my personal experience is that you can easily miss some vials that aren't even really hidden. For example, there's one in Petrified Tree, one in Searock Castle and one in Icewarden Keep that I seem to miss every time, even though none of them is really hidden. For some reason, I just don't see them.

(As an aside, I haven't found all level experience from any of the Goblin Menace levels, although I have played them all at least twice trying to find everything. It just isn't easy and isn't really supposed to be.)

That said, if you are trying to collect the last vials, make sure to play single player game (or at least be the host in multiplayer). As some of vials collected by host are turned to ghost vials without physics, they can be impossible to get (or simply stay hidden).

-JLarja

Troystorm

Postby Troystorm » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Passed level Brackenridge Rice took all the experience, but shows only 172 \ 175 passed several times. Watched the video "Trine 2 DLC Expansion Goblin Menace Level 4 All Experiences and Seсret" and passed on this video.Still 3 experiences I can not find.
Maybe it's a bug that always shows 172 \ 175

Return to “Trine 2”