Stuck after introductory level

Jack Claw was in development between 2006-2008 and was released in the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle for the community to play and build upon.
DigitalTemerity

Stuck after introductory level

Postby DigitalTemerity » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:00 pm

I managed to get it working through the introduction where you jump over the wall, but that is as far as I can go. After that the only key press that works is the Enter key which takes me to a setup screen where I am supposed to be able to look at the map and look at upgrades, etc... But I'm unable to navigate at all through that screen. The only thing I can do and which does anything is to press ESC which will kick me out of the game and make me start over, so I don't know what to try now. The introduction takes about 5 minutes to play and then I don't get to go any further.

DigitalTemerity

Re: Stuck after introductory level

Postby DigitalTemerity » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Either nobody else has the problem, or there is something I don't understand then. If Jack Claw is strictly a work in progress then that would explain my dilemma, but if it is a fully functional game, that was released on the Humble Bundle, then it would be helpful to know that. So which is it? Do I have a problem, or is the game working to the point it has been developed to, and you are just seeking developers?

wkdzel

Postby wkdzel » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:00 am

I get the same thing. I'm starting to think the link on the humble bundle site is actually for the demo or something.

Radegast

Postby Radegast » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:06 pm

DigitalTemerity wrote:So which is it? Do I have a problem, or is the game working to the point it has been developed to, and you are just seeking developers?

Jack Claw is not actively developed by Frozenbyte and there seems to be no active unofficial repository either. It is not a full game, it is not even a demo. It is just a prototype, which is mentioned on the Humble Bundle page. Full source code is available, so hopefully someone will volunteer to fix it.

Return to “Jack Claw Feedback & Development”