No character movement

Jack Claw was in development between 2006-2008 and was released in the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle for the community to play and build upon.
whizse

No character movement

Postby whizse » Tue May 03, 2011 9:31 pm

For some reason I can't get the character to move in the game, the default keybindings WASD etc. have no effect at all. Other bindings, Enter to skip the intro, Esc to quit the game, F8 to bring up the console etc. are all working fine, there's also no problem with mouse input so I can use the claw.

This problem is the same in both beta1 and 3.

Manux33

Re: No character movement

Postby Manux33 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Same here. Linux x64

I see the inro movie now, but it has some glitches. Also i can turn the claw ingame but i can not grab anything withthe mouse buttons, Also i cant move jack with wasd or the arrow keys. some models dont seem to be renderd corectly. Many things are just black. and Jack is standing in a fire/smoke cloud.....

alt_tuomas

Postby alt_tuomas » Thu May 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Most likely you have a corrupted/missing profile. Try the following:

1. Remove the ~/.frozenbyte/claw directory, if it exists.

2. Download the latest version (beta3) from your Humble download page if you haven't already.

3. Extract the zip and run setup.sh.

4. Start the game.
Tuomas Närväinen
Alternative Games

whizse

Postby whizse » Thu May 05, 2011 11:14 pm

No, doesn't make any difference with a fresh setup.

It's odd because some keys do work, like tab, u and l to bring up the interface.

alt_tuomas

Postby alt_tuomas » Mon May 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Then this is quite strange. Claw is just a prototype though so its perhaps not very surprising.
You could check the "current_profile" line in ~/.frozenbyte/claw/profiles/current_profile.txt, and the controls of that profile in ~/.frozenbyte/claw/profiles/<profile>/config/keybinds.txt. The profile should be set to "developer".
Tuomas Närväinen
Alternative Games

whizse

Postby whizse » Fri May 13, 2011 4:24 pm

current_profile is set to developer, I can't seem to make any changes to the keybindings in ~/.frozenbyte/claw/profiles/developer/config/keybinds.txt only by editing the same files in the game dir.

For example changing "w" to launch open_log works, but setting camera_move_forward = l still has no effect in-game.

Pilot_51

Postby Pilot_51 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:38 am

Just registered to say I'm experiencing the exact same issue. The keyboard works, but not for character movement. My joystick will move the character, but it's far too unnatural/uncomfortable to try playing like that.

Looks like a fun game if only the keyboard worked properly.

Ubuntu 11.04 x64

Return to “Jack Claw Feedback & Development”