Jack Claw Possible Boss?

Jack Claw was in development between 2006-2008 and was released in the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle for the community to play and build upon.
PK493

Jack Claw Possible Boss?

Postby PK493 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:31 pm

I was recently playing Jack Claw and I wondered, at the beginning, what happens if I go back further? So I went back and outside the map and found this. I'm not sure what it is and if anybody has any information on it, that would be cool.

watch the video here : [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEMrP3__4cI[/youtube]

StevenT

Re: Jack Claw Possible Boss?

Postby StevenT » Tue May 17, 2011 12:02 pm

I don't know the background behind it but yeah it's a boss. You can get a better look at it and try some of its animations by opening claw_binary/Data/Models/Aliens/boss/boss.s3d up in the FB Viewer.

There are a few other models that may have been bosses in that Aliens directory too.

The large robot concept art on the Frozenbyte home page was also a planned boss for the game.

FB_Mikael

Re: Jack Claw Possible Boss?

Postby FB_Mikael » Thu May 19, 2011 7:12 pm

I believe this was supposed to be a boss in the publisher demo back in the day and there might even be a video of it somewhere in the files. But yea, it was only implemented on the visual side and never had any actual gameplay elements added.

On the topic of bosses and such, I think enemies might be a good thing to start designing, I mean there is plenty of concept art about them too. Maybe a boss could be nice to work on also, specifically the large robot would be awesome ;)

Still making the editor better seems to be high on the priorities list atm. So I think we will get some task list going soon.

And yea a lot more support and maybe even some more media coverage coming also.

Return to “Jack Claw Feedback & Development”