Cannot start Jack Claw on Ubuntu Linux

Jack Claw was in development between 2006-2008 and was released in the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle for the community to play and build upon.
exhumed_spectroscopy

Postby exhumed_spectroscopy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:17 am

Hi, I'm running Ubuntu 11.10, and downloaded the Jack Claw beta via the Humble Bundle site. I ran setup.sh, and then attempted to run claw-bin, but I just get the following error in the terminal:

Code: Select all

Got signal 11 at 0x1 from 0xf77b0689

I then checked ~/.frozenbyte/claw/config and ~/.frozenbyte/claw/profiles , but both were empty. There was also a directory at ~/.frozenbyte/claw/screenshots/ , so perhaps some of the program had started? Anyway, I deleted this whole directory tree, ran setup.sh again, then tried to run claw-bin. This time the error was

Code: Select all

Got signal 11 at 0x1 from 0xf77edb97
The config and profiles directories were full this time, and screenshots had been created.
Then, I read here that I should "just remove libasound.so.2 from clawBeta3/lib32" and it should work. I tried this, but got a black window that covered about half the screen. I had to kill claw-bin.

How can I get this game to work?

Cheers.

mva

Re: Cannot start Jack Claw on Ubuntu Linux

Postby mva » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi!
I had same error, but I fix it in the same way, as for Trine (time ago):

<open directory with jack's binary in your favourite terminal app>

mv lib32 lib32_backup && ldd claw-bin | awk '/lib*/{print $1}' > files_to_remove && cp -r lib32_backup lib32 && cd lib32 && cat ../files_to_remove | xargs rm -f

Now you should be able to run ./claw-bin ;)
At least, if you not using Optimus cards ;)

bukissfk

Postby bukissfk » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:45 pm

I have bee using PS3MS with Ubuntu and am considering going back to W7. Does PS3MS work just as good in Windows? Better?

TIA,

Vince

Return to “Jack Claw Feedback & Development”