co-op?

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:25 am

masasa wrote:Nobody plays coop in online with a person he doesn't know. Online coop should be there so you could play the game with your friends(using Teamspeak or Ventrilo) who live in different city(or in the same city) or country. It is much easier than arranging a real life meeting.

Arpaso wrote:If that's the case, you're either living in a surprisingly remote place or should start looking for some "real life" friends. :shock:

Kind of disagree with that...I have friends here in the same city, I have made friends here that moved away, I have made friends online in other games. I live in a large city, not some remote place. It was not uncommon in the last few years for me to host a LAN party at my place. Upwards of 10+ friends playing together. Coop games. Games that at least gave the option to play through it in coop mode. I don't think I have ever played a coop game with a friend(s) on a single PC. All my friends have their own computer, and if the game is good enough and supports coop, they will gladly lug the sucker around. :)
Lately the LAN's have trickled out, and I still talk to all those friends, and they usually ask me when the next LAN is... then the problem comes up; what to play? Sure we could play the same games we were playing 2, 3 , 4 years ago, but we have spent many hours on them already, we all have new computers that want to try something new.
If they are going to include coop, I fail to see why LAN or internet wouldn't be included. I agree with the other person that said it, they probably should have left it out all together in this case. Single player games are fine, don't try to pretend they are something they are not.

shaga

About ammos for coop

Postby shaga » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:03 pm

Could there be more ammos for co-op game via patch or something. One persons bullets won't do any good for 4 plays ;)

Dunge

Postby Dunge » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:28 am

Don't know if I have some mental problem or something but I just can't find the place to start a coop game??

meepmeepdeath

Postby meepmeepdeath » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:52 am

Arparso wrote:I'm not so sure about that. Coop always is better, when you're facing your partner in real life. Playing through a cable with some anonymous guy hundreds of miles away just isn't the same thing. It's ok, if you're playing deathmatch, but for great coop I prefer to know and see the guys I play with - and Shadowgrounds definitely IS a great coop game ;)

negative most people have frends u noe to play with eachother online? itll def be fun with and online mode me and my frends cant wait for one

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:34 am

Well now this is going toward a 5 year old fight about which ice cream is better, strawberry or vanilla...

Online or Offline

Don't argue about opinions I hate it!

Korinu

Postby Korinu » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:47 am

I'm happy with the offline coop! It's a bit weird because of the camera and the controls (and also because my brother and i can't handle a game controller :oops: ), but it makes really fun.
But i didn't bought the game because of the coop (in fact i didn't know that there is a coop mode). I bought the game for the singleplayer part, which is awesome.
I would recommend Shadowgrounds to anyone who wants to play a fast top-down shooter with cool atmosphere and shocking moments (yeah sometimes it scared the hell out of me).

Boomler

Postby Boomler » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:56 pm

the problem of the co-op playing on one computer are the controls. it is quite difficult to play the game with a gamepad, but if you want to play the game co-op you have no other choice.
that is the point why many people prefer to have a lan co-op mode or better internet co-op because everybody can play on his own computer with his own keyboard/mouse which gives everybody a better control over his player.

to make a game with a lan or online mode is more difficult than make a game with multiple game modes on one machine, but many people wouln't buy the game because of the missing lan/online mode.

todays games have nice graphics, sound and many other things, but I do not understand how can a company make a game without standart game modes like lan/online play, because these modes are the future things which gives games a longer life and makes them interesting.

you have to keep in mind that you are not the people you buy your game, so you have to think what want the people who buy games like that.
and if I read this forum discussion, I see that many people want to have a lan/online mode. If you want to sell your game more, you have to build these game modes. If you didn't build these game modes, the comunity knows that you are not interesting in making the game interesting for a bigger group of people who likes the gaming experience which they know since the mod alien swarm.

finaly I have to say sorry for my english, but I hope everybody understands what I want to tell.
Have a nice day,
greets Boomlder

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:28 pm

the coop is ok but its really hard for the other players to play with a joystick and such. so thats why i think there should be lan/internet coop

xell

Postby xell » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:12 pm

When I first time saw the trailer video, I thought how nice it could be play online co-op with my friends! And what th.. no online!? I hope it's coming via update! :o

PP

Postby PP » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:16 am

The game is missing a limb without a LAN option.

It's fun to play on the same comp, but the controls are rather awkward without a mouse. It's a pretty good game, but needs co-op through a LAN option. I hope it'll be included in a future patch :o

GabbyJ

Postby GabbyJ » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:09 am

Hello all - are there future plans to add a lan option for co-op?

Return to “Shadowgrounds”