Communication center

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
AraxniD

Communication center

Postby AraxniD » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:05 pm

How to me to kill Robot ( MEX) , in that mission where it is necessary to send still the message to fleet about an attack on a colony? P.s forgive for my English.. I very badly know it

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:26 pm

Shoot it a lot. Pulse rifle, minigun, anything will do. Also flamethrower could be useful. There is no trick you have to do before you can destroy the mech.

Matti

Postby Matti » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:32 pm

If you are talking about some big walking piece of junk, just shoot it shotgun from short range. Shotgun autofire mode is recommended. In addition you can get behind of it with ease.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:42 pm

1. Take a pistol from its holster
2. Aim at the robot with the pistol
3. Push the trigger
4. Repeat until clip is empty
5. Reload

Repeat 2-4 if necessary

That's how i killed it.

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:03 am

All I can say is that the Minigun Sentry Upgrade will do all the bosses for you by itself besides the last one which you use Railgun for.

CodSlap (Guest)

Postby CodSlap (Guest) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:50 am

Funny as such, since I didn't find the Minigun Auto-sentry to be of any actual use. Your basic enemies rip through it with ease and it still consumes ordinary bullets. And there aren't enough bosses in the game to justify the use of 30 upgrade pieces for a feature that you most probably won't need. Imho. I even encountered one scenario where the enemies ripped through the minigun so hard it actually broke. And it was still broken when I picked it up again. I had to find another actual gun to be able to use it again. :D

Come to think of it, I thought that the minigun was the least useful weapon in the whole game, even with all the upgrades on. It's clumbersome, you can't dodge while holding it and it's still just bullets, no matter how you look at it. It even loses to the flamethrower which can roast the shield-generator equipped bigger baddies later in the game. A good second is the electric gun, which just isn't practical, but defends it's place after you round up the amazing 50 whoppers for the auto-recharge mod.

This of course all is based on two playthroughs of single player alone, I haven't had a chance to try multiplayer, but I do believe that the minigun would work well as a fire support weapon for other players.

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:40 pm

Well to be honest the only thing I used it for was the bosses. The boss on "Mines" died in 10 seconds and also when there is a ton of enemies. You can just set up the Sentry and shoot with another gun at the same time. Try shoot the enemies off the Minigun to prevent it from breaking.

At the end of the game I had almost every upgrade. I noticed I had 107 Spare parts on the last level and used them on 2 upgrades for the Electric Gun thingy which I killed the Power things with.

What surprised me was that I found no use whatsoever for the Rocket Launcher besides killing the power things. The Grenade Lauchers Cluster Upgrade was extremely useful for the shield monsters.

Return to “Shadowgrounds”