Got some audio issues..

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
Larzuk

Got some audio issues..

Postby Larzuk » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:06 pm

First of all Id like to say Ive played both Shadowgrounds games and loved them. Played through Shadowgrounds on hard and I must admit Ive never had such a challenge. Anyways onto the point of this thread. I would like to help support the games, maybe on youtube or something but giving gameplay previews and the sort.

This probably doesnt belong in this forum or might not make sense. Whenever I use fraps though I always get varied audio effects. Ive used many versions of it and always get bad results with jus tthe audio. I figured I might get some help from someone that might have used fraps to record and what version they used.

If I use any of the recent versions, the game crashes when each mission start. If I use version 2.7.2 all is fine but gun fire and talking are very low. If I use 2.7.4 or 2.80, all the music makes a bad distortion and talking is muffled. Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Got some audio issues..

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:43 pm

Glad to hear you liked them. :)

I don't think we've ever had any serious issues with Fraps. Are you using Vista? I could almost bet on that... ;) If so, I'd suggest applying all Vista patches that might have anything to do with this.

You can also adjust the volumes for gun fire and talking (speech for talking and effects for gun fire and other effects). This might be the easiest solution unless there's some other problem with it.

Oh! The game DOES crash if Fraps is enabled while the game exits the loading screen and goes to the game. The solution is very simple: just enable Fraps recording AFTER the loading screen. Let me know if using this information and the latest version helps.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Larzuk

Postby Larzuk » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:11 pm

I use windows XP. I got all the current updates aswell and my sound drivers are up to date. I tried all the different sound options ingame but it doesnt help. It will change while playing but if I watch the video its still does what I said earlier.

I recently tried with headphones and that seemed to work somewhat. The music problem was fixed but then the sounds and speech were very low. Those two are at max sound so Im rather stumped at why its doing this.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:31 pm

Did you try a newer version but turn on recording only after the mission(s) have loaded?
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Shadowgrounds”