Finally finsihed it*may contain spoiler*

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
John Chaser

Finally finsihed it*may contain spoiler*

Postby John Chaser » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:38 am

Gotta admit. This has got to be best import top down shooter action game I ever enjoyed. The game does have some rough edges but other than that it's a certfied @$$ kicker. The graphics blew me away. Even on the lowest settings it still looks awesome. It really brings out my GeForce 4 Ti 4200 colours. Take that Path of Neo.
Anyway, here are some suggestion on what you guys should improve on. The script. It was "ooohkay" but it was too generic and some charecters just pop out of nowhere and die too fast before we could learn more about them. Then the voice acting. Frankly I was expecting abit more since they are from the same studio that did the voice over for Duke Nukem. The ending....oh dear.....that's where everything just...I dunno. If their race is so advance they could have just mind control us and have all the alien research technolgy destroyed instead of slaughtering the entire colony.
Moving on, the game clearly lacks an online multiplayer co-op mode. The offline co-op mode would have benefited console users(here's hoping it'll come to X360/PS3). And finally a level editor but I'm informed there's one coming so I guess I can wait.
Overall I enjoyed this game alot and from a technical standpoint I can see there's alot of stuff like lighting and shadows that is fully utilized not just for eyecandy but for gameplay as well. It definately has a Doom 3 tech with old-skool Take No Prisonners/Project Paradise gameplay. I give it 4 out of 5 nukes.

Dark

Postby Dark » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:57 pm

I have to ask again FB_Joel with the soon to be release in the USA soon are you all possibly working on a patch to maybe add Local LAN Coop play. I’ve tried playing Coop with a friend several times on the same pc but we just can’t get the hang of it or seem to get our selves interested in keeping the pace going it just gets to muddled and confusing while playing. Too many obstacles that hinder the game play. Anyway heres to hoping that LAN Coop will find its way into the next patch or the next one.

- Rick

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:00 pm

Dark, don't bug Frozenbyte people for asking that question the millionth time. They have no doubt heard that players are complaining for the missing game mode, and I'm sure they will say what they have to say about the subject in the near future.

John Chaser

Postby John Chaser » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:50 am

Yeah, maybe the upcoming expansion pack will have it.

Grisu

Postby Grisu » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:27 pm

John Chaser wrote:Yeah, maybe the upcoming expansion pack will have it.

That's my hope. :D

Coding netplay is not an EASY task...

John Chaser

Postby John Chaser » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:31 am

I'm curious but is there mod to like play as the aliens?

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:14 am

That you'll have to make for your own :)

Return to “Shadowgrounds”