Review

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
newOne

Review

Postby newOne » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:39 pm

So i decided to get these 2games shadowgrounds + survivor.. it seemed a good bang for buck. at d2d

I know this is an old game but still i wanna leave my review whether anybody reads or not.
Personally i didnt liked doom3 nor quake4(similar game except less horror, but more action) and i felt i wont like this game but i risked.

And the gaming started :)
The graphics are great with its 1600*1200 rezolution.Everything runs with everything at highest with great fps. ( noticed shadowgrounds surviver will have even better resolution. :) ill play that later.
The story is somehow involving but the same enviroment makes player boring.The weapons gives excitement with its upgrade system and nice flamethrower effects. Too bad i didnt found any bonus armor.( i entered mines level now )
The sounds are okay too, yet i want to tell more what bugs me.
Enviroment.Same time it gives pleasure playing it and not.
Why the hell all horror movies games has to be played night only.Why not to play such games with eyes closed and watch movies with same pattern(eyes closed) Its just lame, after all its not blackness that gives excitement, its gameplay.
And this game has it.Nice rolling from attacks, weapon ambushes, boss fight.
I was surprised then water monster came too quickly - i thought some boss wont come that early.I even lost first match on easiest. :)

Also its fun then you go near window and just look at monsters eating dead meat.And they dont care about you. ;D perhaps they enjoy us watching them eating.lol
Also the areas with more lights makes player at ease.

Overall its a great game.

newOne

Re: Review

Postby newOne » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:36 pm

Just finished the game.
The last two levels were epic.Looked absolutely cool and fun to play. :D

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Review

Postby fb_joel » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Glad to hear you liked the game(s). :)

(FYI, you can manually edit the resolution in Shadowgrounds to be whatever you want, e.g. widescreen resolutions and so on - by editing Config\options.txt and the screen_width and screen_height options.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Shadowgrounds”