Player view perspective question

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
Groovegeek

Player view perspective question

Postby Groovegeek » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Just started playing the game, and I must confess that the top-down perspective is a bit extreme for me. I would love to be able to adjust the perspective so it isn't quite as severe. The perspective I'm desiring is like that found in the Alien Shooter and Zombie shooter series. Is there any way to unlock that so I can adjust the view angle?

I just saw another post that had some info about this so I am going to try those suggestions.

Thanks,
Groovegeek

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Player view perspective question

Postby fb_joel » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:46 pm

If you haven't tried it yet, turn on the Free Camera mode in the Options menu. If I remember right, you should be able to adjust the angle a tiny bit with the ALT button as well (by pressing ALT and then moving the mouse).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Groovegeek

Postby Groovegeek » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:18 pm

I noticed that, but it does only allow a tiny bit of adjustment. I would like to get it lower than that. I have been tinkering with some of the info in another post about how to get a first person perspective.

It listed some console commands that can be entered. It also talked about how to enter those into a script that can be called each time a mission is run but I haven't had any success getting a script to run as yet.

Thanks for the info.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Yeah. If I remember right, you can try to alter it by disabling camera autozoom (cameraAutoZoomEnabled or something like that, use the TAB to find out the command), and then using the CameraBetaAngle or so, and some value. With a bit of luck you'll find out the proper commands (I'm a little bit too busy to check right now).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Shadowgrounds”