What a great game / UK release

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
dave

What a great game / UK release

Postby dave » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:51 pm

Just finished the demo which was on the pc gamer dvd in uk this month.

Its really really good. I miss games like this with frantic playability, reminds me of one of my all time faves- Alien breed.

Great graphics too, the weapon fx are top notch.

Really looking forward to it coming out here in the UK. Any news on date?

Edit by fb_joel: added "UK release" to the subject.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:31 pm

Thanks... :)

UK date is April 28 right now but there's a good chance it will be delayed by a week or two. I'll try to keep the website or the board informed if that happens...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

dave

Postby dave » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:54 am

Cant wait.

Just been toasting a few beasties with the flamethrower. Great stress relief. :D

bubbletom

What a great game!!!! And now questions

Postby bubbletom » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:32 pm

Hi from France,

I've discovered while playing the demo...GREAT action and fear (especially when you play by night). After I was so excited by that game that I almost harassed my game retailer everyday untill the release :P

Here are my questions:
- Is there a shadowgrounds 2 expected?
- What kind of great game Frozenbyte is preparing? Something equal to shadowgrounds?

Thanks a lot to the team for that game!!!

Bye

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: What a great game!!!! And now questions

Postby fb_joel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:39 am

Thanks. :)

bubbletom wrote:- Is there a shadowgrounds 2 expected?
- What kind of great game Frozenbyte is preparing? Something equal to shadowgrounds?
Tough questions. Shadowgrounds 2 will not be our next project but it might happen in the future (it really depends on SG's commercial success). Our next project is going to be very cool but I can't talk more about it yet. Expect some kind of an announcement after summer. 8)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

bubbletom

Postby bubbletom » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:28 pm

Hi,

I may insist to know these mystery and secrete projects BUT I won't.

Phew!!! :D Good work

Bye

Ph33r_Hui

UMD

Postby Ph33r_Hui » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:08 pm

I wish this great game would come on Sony PSP, someday :roll: :wink:
If the Light Goes out, Im still Gathering Mushrooms :D

Xarodon_EviL

Hi !

Postby Xarodon_EviL » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:15 pm

Hi, everyone ! I'am new here, as you can see. First of all i wish to thank the FrozenByte team for creating that old-school but a really great game. :] I really like it. Maybe it's not bug-free, but everybody made mistakes, right ?

Releasing a level editor is a great idea, indeed, but i also looking forward to see some multiplayer mod/patch. Even a simple 2 player coop using TCP/IP would be cool. I hope that's possible. If not, is there a way to setup the 2nd player controls on the keybord somehow ? ;]

One, little question. Are you going to release the english version of 1.01 patch ? (Maybe after 18 April?).

Once again, great job ! The first step of FB was successful in my opinion. I hope your next projects will be even better.

Cheers!

P.S. If anyone is interested in games like ShadowGrounds, maybe you should look at the Alien Swarm : Infested -> a Half-Life 2 mod (still work in progress). First screenshots looks great ! Look for yourself : http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/
Kill everything that moves.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Hi !

Postby fb_joel » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:50 pm

Xarodon_EviL wrote:First of all i wish to thank the FrozenByte team for creating that old-school but a really great game. :]

Thanks. I don't think we'll ever get tired of compliments. 8)

Xarodon_EviL wrote:but i also looking forward to see some multiplayer mod/patch. Even a simple 2 player coop using TCP/IP would be cool. I hope that's possible.

To be honest, I doubt we'd be doing a multiplayer patch. It's a technical thing - the game was never designed to have multiplayer, so it would be way too much work at this point. Due to the same reason, it's probably not possible in any mod either (not 100% sure about this).

Xarodon_EviL wrote:If not, is there a way to setup the 2nd player controls on the keybord somehow ? ;]

I think that could be possible but I'm not sure... One problem is aiming but I think some of the gamepad solutions should work on keyboard too. You can see if setting buttons instead of gamepad axises works (in \Profiles\yourprofile\keybinds\keybinds.txt). Perhaps the biggest problem is that new keyboards just can't handle that many multiple keystrokes. In the old days a keyboard could have handled 10 keystrokes or more simultaneously, but today it's more likely to be restricted to 3 or 4 - I think. I'm no expert on this but that's the general idea that I've learned.

Xarodon_EviL wrote:One, little question. Are you going to release the english version of 1.01 patch ? (Maybe after 18 April?).

All the patches are tied to the Level Editor release now. It's a significant change. So look for the patches at the same time as the Level Editor, or shortly before/after.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

escapedturkey

Postby escapedturkey » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:28 pm

Wow. This game is beautiful. Amazing work! 8)

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:26 pm

I wouldn't like to download the level editor for the patch, if I am not going to use the level editor. Could the patch be for separate download?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:25 pm

The patch will be a separate download, yes. (The Level Editor might include the changed files also, really depends on how big the download size will become.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

dave

Postby dave » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:52 pm

Hey there.

Not been on here since the day i got the demo.

Glad to see the games going down well.

Any news on the uk release yet?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:49 pm

UK release should be May 5th. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Mon May 01, 2006 10:13 pm

what kind of package will it have?
Game of the year 2006 :D

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue May 02, 2006 12:02 am

"Normal" European style, i.e. dvd packaging, at least as far as I know. So no "use" to you I think, heh. :wink:

(I just realized we've never had any real competitions, despite my earlier plans. Maybe we'll finally get around to that sometime before Summer.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

dave

Postby dave » Sun May 07, 2006 2:22 pm

Great, i'll have to get it next week, could do with some good old retro blasting.

Return to “Shadowgrounds”