some of my thoughts about this game

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
ronny

some of my thoughts about this game

Postby ronny » Wed May 10, 2006 2:50 am

this was a blast of a game..i couldnt put it down.

two things kind of annoyed me..the railgun..even though i love it. it reallly should shoot through walls/ doors. thats what they do in other games. and i dont think we should be able to see whats in the next room untill the door is opened.

but make the railgun equipped with a upgrade that allows a sillouette of heat signatures. and let it penetrate walls/doors. take out the bouncing shots. and railguns are always single shot so no 2 shot either.
1 shot, thermal imaging sight and maybe a magnetic deal like you got now..its believable so im okay with that one.

the flash light meter was annoying as well.. that far into the future flashlights will just stay on.....you should make it be constant on, constant off. this is why.

when i am going along with my light on and it gets low, all it makes me do is stop and turn it off till its recharged, so..basicly you have built in this little thing that makes players stop all the time. why? it doesnt even take but a few seconds to charge back up either so why bother with the 3 seconds of interuption?

i dont care really about multiplayer, it would be better of course, but i like single player games too.

but aside from that i give this game a 4 out of 5 stars.

****-

Geo

Postby Geo » Wed May 10, 2006 4:27 am

I agree that keeping a "fog of war" on what's in a room till yer on it increases the suspense. You can see that on the darker missions where the room you're about to enter has no light so you can't see what yer about to walk into.

I assume the somewhat silly "fading flashlight" feature was a pickup from Doom 3 but who knows? Maybe they'd decided to do it that way before it released.

But yeah, I was always left thinking: "Don't they have Duracells or Energizer batteries in the future??" :P

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed May 10, 2006 1:03 pm

The flashlight features are a "legacy" of earlier times when we wanted to focus a bit more on the lights and having them affect the aliens... in the end we shifted priorities and the flashlight was "compromised" to what it is now. I think it's still ok.

Fog of war was something we thought about but it was abandoned for some reason (can't remember why).

Anyway, those are some heavy feature requests. Probably not happening for Shadowgrounds.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

sMull

Postby sMull » Wed May 10, 2006 5:13 pm

There are instances where the flashlight goes out in the middle of a melee, or in a dark room somewhere and while you wait you get attacked, so there is a point of being drainable 8)

jasper1988

Postby jasper1988 » Wed May 10, 2006 5:17 pm

sMull wrote:There are instances where the flashlight goes out in the middle of a melee, or in a dark room somewhere and while you wait you get attacked, so there is a point of being drainable 8)

INDEED!! :)
like in that disco :P
cant realy see much without the flash :P
w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t
and by the way, finland owns!!!!
"Ja Tässä Lihaa Ilman Vihaa!!!!" ;)

Return to “Shadowgrounds”