my feeling about the game

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
kenshironeo

my feeling about the game

Postby kenshironeo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi from France.

I recently bought your compilation that was for sale on steam.

I began both Trine and shadows survivor,and completed shadowsground in hardmode.

I enjoyed the game, although i do think there are two many "go there/come back there."

What annoted me a bit is the fact there is no true checkpoint and that there is a life system.Some levels are very long and others very short, and when ou have to leave for one reason or other, it can be boring to restart.(i do think about how things go after level 9)

The game makes me think about an improved alien shooter.

The game progression is quite the same as in other games where you have to beat up packs of monsters.

First cheap monsters that you kill with pistol, then you get shotgun, then stronger and stronger monsters arrive, then come the ultimate monsters.

For these one, i found no other strategy that attacking them in their back or using flame-thrower.

I did not like the way grenade launcher works, and did not use this weapon a lot.

During first half of the game, it was pistol shotgun and the special fusil.

I also neglected the iem fusil, cannot say why.I loved the electric fusil at the end of the game.
Iam thinking about restarting in harder levels odf difficulty, but the fact of having to restart everything if i fail annoys me, i will take a decision later.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: my feeling about the game

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Thanks, glad to hear you enjoyed the game for the most part in any case. The savegame system is certainly one of the biggest flaws in the game, and I wish we would've had time to implement a proper checkpoint save or something similar. I hope you enjoy the other games as well. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Pend1989

Re: my feeling about the game

Postby Pend1989 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:53 am

fb_joel wrote:Thanks, glad to hear you enjoyed the game for the most part in any case. phen375 customer reviews http://ohdivinehealth.com/phen375-reviews/ The savegame system is certainly one of the biggest flaws in the game, and I wish we would've had time to implement a proper checkpoint save or something similar. I hope you enjoy the other games as well. :)

me too love the game you created and i also have same the same issues. i think a furthermore features to prevent the games issues is more appropriate or maybe an update will help. on the other hand, i just love games that you guys created.

Return to “Shadowgrounds”