WINDOW MODE!! QUESTION!! fb_joel?

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
dex909

WINDOW MODE!! QUESTION!! fb_joel?

Postby dex909 » Fri May 12, 2006 12:32 pm

Woa, got some probably strange question here =O Since quite some time I prefer playing in window mode, fortunately Shadowgrounds offers that but with NO borders (ugly) and fixed to the upper left side of the screen :( Ok I know many games do it that way but since you guys actually seem to like this game like we users do and CARE about such things - isn´t there a way to at least move the window to the center of the screen? Or give it boders so that it is moveable? If there is no way please can you tell us why it isn´t possible? (no problem then ;)) On the other hand, if there is a way, this would also help EVERY other game that uses such a borderless windowed mode! Maybe there is a way with some hack or external dll? As far as I know this is directX stuff and might be changeable. Thank you very much in advance ;)

fb_jpk

Postby fb_jpk » Fri May 12, 2006 3:43 pm

Ok, the window titlebar support was added to shadowground (as a "quick hack"). So, in the development version, there's now an option for making the titlebar visible and thereby making the window movable.

However, I can't guarantee that this will ever make it to the patch release, hopefully it will. (We can't just put all quickly hacked features into the game, as they might break something more important than what they originally fixed.)

Also, the there is a small known bug in the titlebar support, and that is unlikely to be fixed... Basically, this means that the mouse cursor movement is not correctly constrained to the window (upper left area) if the window is moved.

dex909

Postby dex909 » Fri May 12, 2006 4:47 pm

What? Who? Where? Really?? Wow that´s extremely nice!!!! Man I bet you know what question I will place here NOW: HOW to get this nice little hack?? =) Same place as the beta editor maybe..? I would gladly "betatest" it! ;)

fb_jpk

Postby fb_jpk » Fri May 12, 2006 10:46 pm

Well, I guess you'll have to wait for a couple of days... It may be a part of the next patch... (Which I think is coming out soon... Although, I won't go promising anything about the titlebar or the patch, I'll leave making such promises up to Joel) ;)

dex909

Postby dex909 » Sat May 13, 2006 10:35 am

Ok, I keep waiting, anyway - nice work. Look at that devs, why can´t every company be like that huh? Huh Lucasarts? Huh Blizz?? Simply amazing! :)

Return to “Shadowgrounds”