Postby Wizard » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:04 pm

fb_joel wrote:Minimum specs:
Windows XP/2000
1.3 GHz CPU
384 MB RAM
GeForce 4 Ti / Radeon 9000
1 GB Free Hard Drive Space

arrg...my processor isn't fast enough :(
but heck, I can play BF2 Demo with this machine (1,2ghz) so I'm pretty sure I can run shadowgrounds too :lol:
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:03 pm

I've got a question about controlling the camera... how does it work? (like mouse wheel or so?
Last edited by Misacorp on Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:55 am

Народ скажите кагда появится эта игра Просто я не понимаю Англиский

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:58 pm

Translated by Babelfish

People say kagda it will appear this game simply 4 I do not understand Angliskiy

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:42 pm

what the...?
Game of the year 2006 :D

BlackRose

Postby BlackRose » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:18 pm

now i have two questions...
1: What date it will officially released.. i heard just around october, but could u tell me a presific date?
2: What will it cost?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:18 am

BlackRose wrote:now i have two questions...
1: What date it will officially released.. i heard just around october, but could u tell me a presific date?
2: What will it cost?
1. Official dates will be announced soon(ish). But you can check the other thread to see some estimates.

2. The cost varies a little from country to country, but it's around 29,99 euros. It's starting to feel like a real bargain because the game has become so good, but I hope it encourages more people to buy the game. 8)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:46 pm

Is there gonna be a limited Version with a little extra stuff? :P

timonator

linux?

Postby timonator » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:52 am

this game looks sweet, are there any plans on porting or letting this game be ported over to linux?

Qraft

Re: linux?

Postby Qraft » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:45 am

timonator wrote:are there any plans on porting or letting this game be ported over to linux?

I quote Joel "Nope. Sorry. :("

timonator

Postby timonator » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:45 pm

what a pity...
i'm leaving, cu

DaDude

Postby DaDude » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:41 pm

Will the Controls be customizable?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:37 pm

DaDude wrote:Will the Controls be customizable?
Of course. :)

Qraft wrote:Is there gonna be a limited Version with a little extra stuff? :P
Well, we'd love to do it... but at this point I can't promise it. We will make a bundle of the game + soundtrack (and perhaps a poster or so) but other than that we'll just have to wait and see.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:45 pm

fb_joel wrote:
Qraft wrote:Is there gonna be a limited Version with a little extra stuff? :P
Well, we'd love to do it... but at this point I can't promise it. We will make a bundle of the game + soundtrack (and perhaps a poster or so) but other than that we'll just have to wait and see.

A poster would be nice. i would frame it and make it a centerpiece in my home :P

DaDude

Postby DaDude » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:44 am

fb_joel wrote:We will make a bundle of the game + soundtrack (and perhaps a poster or so) but other than that we'll just have to wait and see.

Will this bundle also be available im germany? The Soundtrack sounds really nice.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:41 pm

DaDude wrote:Will this bundle also be available im germany? The Soundtrack sounds really nice.
The bundle will be available through this website... Ultimately everything depends on our publishers, but I'm sure there will be some way that German players can get a hold of the soundtrack and other possible extras. This should be decided within a month.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:34 am

Hi, I just heard about this game on tv (tilt.tv) and you guys talked about coop as if it is already confirmed at this point.

But my real concern is more with controls. If you use wasd+mouse in single player, then how do/would you use it in coop?

And strafe is another thing I am concerned about. If you use WASD with A+D for turning and mouse for camera, then how do you strafe? Also considering coop.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:50 pm

Anonymous wrote:And strafe is another thing I am concerned about. If you use WASD with A+D for turning and mouse for camera, then how do you strafe? Also considering coop.

From the new trailer I think it works differently. The mouse is used for aiming, and WASD move the character in the corresponding direction (A+D would move left and right respectively, then). Could be wrong though.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:06 pm

I also watched tilt.tv and based on that the co-op is in the game. I was just wondering can you play co-op using internet or only with the same computer?

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:07 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:And strafe is another thing I am concerned about. If you use WASD with A+D for turning and mouse for camera, then how do you strafe? Also considering coop.

From the new trailer I think it works differently. The mouse is used for aiming, and WASD move the character in the corresponding direction (A+D would move left and right respectively, then). Could be wrong though.

Possibly but the idea was the mouse: how can you use it at all in a coop game (if there is the possibility)? It would give the other player an unfare advantage.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:02 pm

Anonymous wrote:Possibly but the idea was the mouse: how can you use it at all in a coop game (if there is the possibility)? It would give the other player an unfare advantage.

When playing the game in co-op mode with the same computer I would quess that some play with gamepads while one plays with mouse and keyboard.

Who cares if another one has better control, it is co-op and players are not playing against each other.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:08 pm

Also I would like to ask how many difficulty options there are?

Playng co-op with 2-4 players there should be some extra difficulty option.

Mortimer

Postby Mortimer » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Possibly but the idea was the mouse: how can you use it at all in a coop game (if there is the possibility)? It would give the other player an unfare advantage.

When playing the game in co-op mode with the same computer I would quess that some play with gamepads while one plays with mouse and keyboard.

Who cares if another one has better control, it is co-op and players are not playing against each other.

It's a little frustrating to go from the speed and accuracy of the mouse to a joystick. While a joystick is a more than acceptable substitute, it just can't compare.

Apparently Win9x supported multiple mice through DX8, but they dropped support for Win2k/XP. You can still separate the mice by using raw input, though.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:54 pm

Anonymous wrote:But my real concern is more with controls. If you use wasd+mouse in single player, then how do/would you use it in coop?

And strafe is another thing I am concerned about. If you use WASD with A+D for turning and mouse for camera, then how do you strafe? Also considering coop.

Basically you will be strafing all the time anyway. Turning would be too slow for a fast-paced game like Shadowgrounds.

There are two camera modes btw, one is a "locked" camera and the other is Free Camera. It's a preference thing - I like the Free Camera better, but many others like the locked camera. (The Tilt.tv video material was from the locked camera, would've looked better in the Free Camera.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:57 pm

Anonymous wrote:Also I would like to ask how many difficulty options there are? Playng co-op with 2-4 players there should be some extra difficulty option.
There are three difficulty levels. Co-op isn't automatically easier than singleplayer, though, and the Hard mode is going to be... hard. 8)

Regarding multiple mice; no support, sorry. Since XP/2000 don't support it automatically, it would've taken time to add the possibility.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Shadowgrounds”