Thank you (once again!)

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
Morrin

Thank you (once again!)

Postby Morrin » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:25 pm

Hello frozenbyte and other players!

When I heard/learned about shadowgrounds I was very enthustiated and eager to test this game, especially because of the finnish team making it (and finnish games don't get out that often). I was impressed by the idea to make very retro-style game since I "consume" a lot of freeware and/or old games.

And it was good! Damn, I cannot remember playing any games as continiously and eagerly in long time. I was very happy to see that there are still developers that are brave enough to respect the old and "simple" concepts and combining it with beautiful graphics. I proudly can put my shadowgrounds to most visible place on the shelve! :)

I truly hope that you go on in future with your very personal and retro gamemaking style. I know it might be hard in times of massive superhyper 3d gaming companies that devour all "weaker" competitors. You totally have my support and I believe many others too. Have faith! :)

Respects, thanks and deep bow!

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:23 pm

Thanks. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

urbanriot

Postby urbanriot » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:10 am

I just picked up this game as well after reading about it in Steam news (although I purchased it at EB).

I also want to say thanks for a very enjoyable experience at an extremely decent price.

This game had plenty of what I enjoy - fast paced arcade action, weapon upgrades, little nooks off the beaten path to explore and get upgrades, and little frightful scares.

Keep up the good work!!

Damage

Thanks indeed!

Postby Damage » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:23 am

Hear, hear! :D

I used to play Alien Breed back on the Amiga 500, I played the pretty much unheard of but massive and highly entertaining Take No Prisoners on my old P2 400, and I'm a huge fan of Crimsonland which is a great little budget game for anyone who loves overhead shooters, lots of weapons and loads of aliens (and spiders!) to kill. Combine all three of these and you get: Shadowgrounds!

Suffice to say, SG is a masterpiece, precisely executed, skillfully paced, entertaining and clever (and to hell with Gamespot and their moaning about it not being scary - funny, I don't recall that being a pre-requisite of games), and I am looking forward to recommending it to as many of my friends as I can (see my other post)..

Keep up the good work, FrozenByte, thank you for reviving a favourite genre, doing a Doom 3 story like it should have been done (man, that game annoyed me) and for keeping a seasoned gamer happy!

Cheers!

D

P.S. I got Crimsonland from here, have a look if you fancy it:

http://crimsonland.reflexive.com/
Gonna Rip 'em a New One

Crawdaddy79

Postby Crawdaddy79 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:26 am

I'm providing a mirror for the freeware version of Crimsonland

http://www.crawspace.com/web/crimsonland_v140.exe

It was always free until Reflexive went to the developers and offered them $$$ for them to work on a newer better version of the game.

1.4 is the last free version they made. The online stats don't work obviously but the game is still a blast if you wish to take turns with friends to get a high score, etc...

Playing Crimsonland and enjoying it is a big reason why I bought Shadowgrounds.

I beat the game 10 minutes ago - it was a blast the whole time.

Wicky3D

Postby Wicky3D » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:29 pm

Shadowgrounds equals Fun * (size in bytes)²

and substract Fun * (how many times played through) to honor the developers whoose creation it is!

Return to “Shadowgrounds”