Music

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
DeathClaw

Music

Postby DeathClaw » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:22 pm

I was wondering, you said in Tilt.tv that you used lots of time to make music for this game, and Lordi's guitarist has something to do with this too right?

That trailer's music is awesome. What genre is it? (Detailed name, heh. I think just techno or something includes lots of different styles of music.) This reminds me Red Alert's music, and it's music is cool too.

And how many tracks does the game include? Are they listenable through winamp and such?(Or do I have to convert them to mp3:s? hehe)

And that sample of "against all rounds" should be full version to download. (Or is it already full version?) It's annoying short :D

fb_artz

Re: Music

Postby fb_artz » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:55 pm

Hi there!

Constructive questions of this sort are always appreciated. Overall, Shadowgrounds soundtrack has been a big project and hopefully it will fulfill expectations. All the tracks are custom made to fit the game, we haven't licensed anything from outside.

DeathClaw wrote:Lordi's guitarist has something to do with this too right?

Indeed, Lordi's guitarist "Amen" plays the live guitar in the action music tracks. Originally most of the riffs were my own design but Jussi's performance is what made them truly outstanding!

DeathClaw wrote:That trailer's music is awesome. What genre is it? /// And that sample of "against all rounds" should be full version to download. (Or is it already full version?) It's annoying short :D

Trailer music genre would be close to aggressive breakbeat combined with orchestral scores. Against All Rounds is in fact, a remix from Against All Rounds and Final Round - "customized" track just for the teaser trailer. This is also the reason why it's so short. :)

DeathClaw wrote:And how many tracks does the game include? Are they listenable through winamp and such?

Only the official soundtrack includes nearly 30 tracks so... (yeah, insane) In the game you can hear many more ambients and smaller scores that are not in the soundtrack. We will publish the soundtrack list shortly, and furthermore there will be freely downloadable MP3 format tracks in the web site!
// Ari 'artz' Pulkkinen, Frozenbyte Team
:: Music and Audio Producer
:: check http://www.aripulkkinen.com for more detail

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:40 am

Hmm.. I'm dont' like techno etc (electric music), but this song was really really good. Can you recommend any other "bands" which makes this type of music?

DeathClaw

Postby DeathClaw » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:41 am

Hmm forgot to login, and can't edit. Ok, but anyway, which programs do you use when you create music? You have own studio and such?

fb_artz

Postby fb_artz » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:11 pm

DeathClaw wrote:Can you recommend any other "bands" which makes this type of music?

I really don't know is there any. ;) If you're referring to the action music, maybe the closest "band" would be Frank Klepacki who has done the most of the Command & Conquer -series soundtracks. Hell March all the way!

DeathClaw wrote:which programs do you use when you create music? You have own studio and such?

I use sequensers and multi-track audio programs. Currently my main studio is located at Frozenbyte's headquarters.

DeathClaw

Postby DeathClaw » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:49 pm

artz wrote:I really don't know is there any. ;) If you're referring to the action music, maybe the closest "band" would be Frank Klepacki who has done the most of the Command & Conquer -series soundtracks. Hell March all the way!

Thanks for giving the name! :D Hell march is really a classic. He's homesite includes lots of good song I see.. heh I never thought I could listen more of this music. I was wrong.
artz wrote:I use sequensers and multi-track audio programs. Currently my main studio is located at Frozenbyte's headquarters.

Nice, not very cheap studio then?

fb_artz

Da Studio

Postby fb_artz » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:15 am

DeathClaw wrote:Nice, not very cheap studio then?

Well, it's not cheap but it could be more expensive. ;)

DeathClaw

Postby DeathClaw » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:28 pm

Hey come on, gimme some more music to download and listen! :D

Return to “Shadowgrounds”