Co-op confirmation and discussion

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:04 pm

It's really fun in co-op except I have problems with JoyPad settings but it's fun and I don't think Online Co Op would be more fun... this is t3h 1337.

Unregistered

Postby Unregistered » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:50 am

Well, the game looks very interesting.. but i still think an alternative to owning four gamepads would be nice IMO. Still waiting to buy it, but i sure hope you add atleast LAN compatibility. Keep up the good work! :)

Grisu

Postby Grisu » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:26 pm

4 players on 1 PC? Could you post a picture to prove it? :D

As for me I also would like to see mutiplayer (Lan or online) and even if it's only 2 player!

If the game sells well, you could release a (paid) Add-on and put it in as new feature? How is that?

Goa

Alienswarm

Postby Goa » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:32 pm

Just play the game if you like it. If you lack the coop, play Alienswarm. There will ne an updated version (have to buy it, though) over steam. There you will find ALL coop you need ^__^

Hint: Alienswarm for UT2003 is for free ;)

Goa

Dark

Postby Dark » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:25 pm

Well Alien Swarm is fun and a really kewl game but it has only one draw back that keeps the game from being great and that’s the lack of Friendly Fire. Too many times in a game have I or one of the other team been laid to waste by someone blasting away at the aliens and strafing you in the process. the Devs take on this is it keeps it exciting, well that may be but its not fun loosing your char you have build up with XP and then loose him, so you end up restarting the mission all over to try and keep everyone alive. It gets a little frustrating after a while when you have to keep repeating the same mission over and over all because there is no option to turn off FF.

BonZo0

Postby BonZo0 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:38 am

Imo most TCP/IP COOP games tend to suck if the players are not in the same room. The lack of communication makes teamplay almost impossible. Hehe and I can hardly imagine a better thing than sitting with a friend infront of one screen, drinking beer and blasting through hordes of aliens :)

Greetings,

BonZo0

masasa

Postby masasa » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:27 pm

BonZo0 wrote:Imo most TCP/IP COOP games tend to suck if the players are not in the same room. The lack of communication makes teamplay almost impossible. Hehe and I can hardly imagine a better thing than sitting with a friend infront of one screen, drinking beer and blasting through hordes of aliens :)

Greetings,

BonZo0

Use voice chat. Teamspeak or Ventrilo for example.

Jönde

Postby Jönde » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:39 pm

Does Co-op have multiscreen support? :?

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:24 pm

Nope.

Jönde

Postby Jönde » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:41 pm

Heh..jeah i noticed that. It sure would have been nice, since the screen doesnt split or anything. When the situation got tight..sometimes it was pretty much deadly, not to get in different directions ..But it still was exellent game. :wink:

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:45 am

I am really worried about the missing LAN Mode. Even if the game is cheaper than others.
So I hope it will be coming soon, or at least, the possibility for modding groups will be given.
Just LAN. Online is not so important for me. Even on big LAN Parties I think its a lot of fun just to play a little bit this Action game. And On one PC its near impossible to play with 4 Players.
I remember the game LOADED on Playstation. It was similar to Shadowgrounds and it was very funny with two players even with controllpads. But we live in another time now and a PC is not a Playstation.

bye
Chris

Return to “Shadowgrounds”