No LAN, no shadowgrounds

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
Quu

Postby Quu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:46 pm

fb_joel wrote:One of my alltime favorite small games, btw. We played it a lot with my friend(s), and partly because of that experience, I think today's gamers will enjoy Shadowgrounds co-op.

And thanks to Asparso for the config explanation.

Yes, i've completed at least one campaign (if i remember right) in Cyberdogs with my friend in co-op mode back in the days... I think that we did start the other as well, but never finished it, not sure though.
It was fun back then, and we decided already that when we'll get our copies of Shadowgrounds, both of us will first complete the game alone and then we'll let some time pass and then we'll complete it as co-op.
It's just so fuckin' rare these days to have a splitscreen in any game, since anyone has xdsl or similar.
Playing through internet just doesn't have the same feeling as sitting right next to your friend and sharing the experience.

E: Oh yes, thanks to Arparso for clearing the things for me.
Aina ei voi voittaa... Ei edes joka kerta.

Dark

Postby Dark » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:57 pm

Alien Swarm is actually being re-done with the Half-Life 2 engine. It will have 2 versions one free to download and a small fee for the full version. Both of which will be available through Steam. This is a kewl game and is fun but it has only one downfall the devs have decided to not put in an option to turn off FF Friendly Fire. Anyone who has played the original UT2004 version knows that when playing this game with 3 or 4 players it can get very rough and when someone starts spraying the area with gun fire you most likely either damage the hell out of the other Marines or end up killing one or 2. It can get very frustrating especially seeing how once a Marine Dies he stays dead. Plus giving the fact this is a top down shooter you can loose perspective very quickly the shit hits the fan. Still a fun game but difficult at times.

Return to “Shadowgrounds”