Shadowgrounds available in Germany and Finland

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
fb_joel
Site Admin

Shadowgrounds available in Germany and Finland

Postby fb_joel » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:47 pm

Shadowgrounds is now available in Germany (and possibly in Austria and Switzerland)! A couple of people on the boards have already bought it - thanks, and hope you enjoy it! So far you seem to like it, which is cool. :)

As for the Finnish release... Wednesday 9.11 is 99,99% certain! We have seen the final Finnish retail box, and it looks fine. It will be delivered to shops all over Finland on Tuesday, so it should be on sale by Wednesday...

Germany and Finland are the only releases in 2005, so consider yourself lucky. Other territories will have to wait for Q1 2006.

Qraft, I'll sort it out next week.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Arparso

Re: Shadowgrounds available in Germany and Finland

Postby Arparso » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:04 am

fb_joel wrote:Germany and Finland are the only releases in 2005, so consider yourself lucky. Other territories will have to wait for Q1 2006.

Oh, that's a shame. It's a really fun (and sometimes very tough) shooter and actually I'm enjoying it a bit more than the also excellent Alien Swarm mod. Don't know, I like the aliens, weapons, sounds and overall "BOOOM" factor of Shadowgrounds a lot more.

A little hint for all German customers: I bought my copy at the local "Saturn" store in Berlin, Alexanderplatz. So, if you're looking for a copy, go to a "Saturn" store in your area - they'll probably have one. ;)

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:45 pm

Great Joel, thanks. Cant wait to be able to play the game :D

When is the soundtrack comeing out?
Game of the year 2006 :D

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:31 pm

Qraft wrote:When is the soundtrack comeing out?

No idea... we originally wanted to have it as a pre-order bonus, but like many other things, we ran out of time... it probably takes at least a month maybe.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:01 pm

Can't wait till Wednesday.

Quu

Postby Quu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:19 am

fb_joel wrote:No idea... we originally wanted to have it as a pre-order bonus, but like many other things, we ran out of time...

Damn that would have been a reel nice suprise :D
Well, you can't always win... not even every time.

fb_joel wrote:Wednesday 9.11 is 99,99% certain!

Now this IS nice :D
Aina ei voi voittaa... Ei edes joka kerta.

Kenty

Great Game!

Postby Kenty » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:06 am

Hi!

I'm from Germany and have just played through the german Version of Shadowgrounds. I really enjoyed it. It makes much fun. The best is flashing around with the Flashlight and looking at the shadows the light throws - really awesome. The details, all those little stones and bushes in the open areas and the shadows created with the flashlight on and behind them are really enjoyable.

Hope there will be a Shadowgrounds 2 or some addon for the game.

Thanks for the game 8-)

Kenty

bldr

Postby bldr » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:53 pm

Hehe, yes it certainly was released today in finland. At least I'm holding it in my hand now :)

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:24 pm

ZOMG where did you get it I checked 5 stores and none of them had it. Then I asked and they said Friday.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:09 am

Most stores should have them by now, but some haven't put them on the shelves yet. It should be pretty easy to find a copy in Helsinki and Tampere, not sure about other cities. Sorry for the extra one or two days you have had to wait, Misacorp. :wink:
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:37 am

It's OK since there are many many games to play but I'd want to get it before the weekend since my friends are coming over to do co op and Friday is a good day if you look on the bright side.

Roamer

Postby Roamer » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:00 pm

I've just received my copy from verkkokauppa.com. What gives me good laugh is the voucher for an RC tank that shoots plastic BB bullets =D
I am kind of surprised of the fact that verkkokauppa is selling that exact same tank for the price of nearly 85 euros!?

Anyways, time to focus on the abvious and start playing...

Cheers
Roamer

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:41 pm

Well it's a common fact that verkkokauppa.com promses RC controlled stuff but they rarely actually give them.

My friend bought a Graphics Card and it said that a RC aeroplane would come with it but it never came... or then it was just the coupon... or then I'm terribly wrong.

Anyways I'm going to Jumbo today to cut my hair and I might as well check some shops again...

Return to “Shadowgrounds”