A few questions about Shadowgrounds

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.

A few questions about Shadowgrounds

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:29 pm

1. Is the German/Finnish version in English? In other words, will the text, speech in the game be in English?

2. Can the game be played with a game pad?

3. Is this game develped only for the PC or will there be an xbox version?

4. How big is the game?

5. When will it be released in the USA? Will it be sometime this month in November?

6. How often can you save the game?

7. Does it support widescreen like WUXGA (1920 X 1200)?

8. How long is the game? Has anyone finished it yet?

Arparso

Re: A few questions about Shadowgrounds

Postby Arparso » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:29 am

Here is what I can tell you about it:

1. The German version certainly doesn't come with English language or speech. Only German is available... text translation is good, the voices are okay, too (though not stellar).

2. It is indeed playable via gamepad, if it has 2 analog sticks - anything less might get frustrating.

4. There are 2 CDs included. Installed it takes about 700/800 MB, if I remember correctly (can't check it right now).

5. Last thing I heard was about a Q1 2006 release.

6. The game automatically saves between the levels. If you die, you have 5 respawns to try again - the game will insert you at the last "checkpoint"... all equipment and enemies are the same as in the moment of your death.

fb_jpk

Postby fb_jpk » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:27 pm

Arparso already answered to a lot of questions, so I'll just fill up the missing points and details..

1. Yes, the german version has german speech/text. The finnish version is in english.

3. At least for now, the game is available on PC only.

7. The game does not "officially" support widescreen in the game launcher. But you could set the resolution to widescreen by manually editing the game's configuration file. The widescreen resolutions should work mostly ok, with widescreen resolution there are some small errors in the visual appearance of the ingame cinematics. So, I cannot promise anything about a proper widescreen support, but unofficially I would say that it's playable. And I cannot guarantee any specific resolution (1920x1200, for example) to work.

New User

Postby New User » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:30 pm

You guys need to add quicksave to a patch. I was playing the 2nd level for an hour and lost all my respawns at the end boss. Now I have to start all over. This isnt 1905. There should be quicksaves incase I dont feel like playing throug a whole level during a sitting.

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:25 pm

I think quicksave option would be a bad idea. The boss in level 2 is actually quite easy, and quicksave would make it even easier. Unless you are playing Shadowgrounds in hard mode.

9. Is there a patch coming? Shadowgrounds is a very stable game, but the enemy AI could use some improvement.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:43 pm

The game would be released in the USA around Q1 2006? That is a long time. I saw at ign.com that the release is sometimes in November.

What takes you guys so long?

Would the version from Finland be any different for the USA version?

Are there any site that I can order a copy of the Finland version to be sent to the USA?

I just checked ebay.com and see no one selling it. :cry:

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:08 pm

Anonymous wrote:The game would be released in the USA around Q1 2006? That is a long time. I saw at ign.com that the release is sometimes in November. What takes you guys so long?

Actually, it's not us, but the publishers. They want to have a "marketing window" (and rightly so). And well, we haven't even signed a publishing deal for NA yet, so :wink: . There are many interested parties, though, but we want to select the best one and that takes time.

Anonymous wrote:Would the version from Finland be any different for the USA version? Are there any site that I can order a copy of the Finland version to be sent to the USA?

The Finnish version has a Finnish box & manual, but the game is in English. So most likely there wouldn't be any big differences... What might happen is that if we make a patch (and it seems likely), we will include that patch directly for the Q1 2006 releases, so they don't need to patch manually.

We have some plans of selling the game through our website but that remains to be seen. No store yet sells the game to overseas, as far as I know.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Arparso

Postby Arparso » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:07 am

By the way, are there any plans for a German-to-English patch? The German voices certainly aren't bad (seen a lot games with much worse voice acting), but I'm a little curious about how good the English ones actually are ;)

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:03 pm

They are acceptable work at all times. Occassionally very good :)

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:48 pm

Sampo wrote:I think quicksave option would be a bad idea. The boss in level 2 is actually quite easy, and quicksave would make it even easier. Unless you are playing Shadowgrounds in hard mode.

9. Is there a patch coming? Shadowgrounds is a very stable game, but the enemy AI could use some improvement.

trust me its a joke not to have quicksave or AT LEAST checkpoint saves. This isnt super mario brothers. I dont have 1 hour sometimes to make sure I make it to an end of a level. Sometimes I might have to stop playing or I dont want to play that long. Add some check point save or something please, ffs.

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:51 pm

Arparso wrote:By the way, are there any plans for a German-to-English patch? The German voices certainly aren't bad (seen a lot games with much worse voice acting), but I'm a little curious about how good the English ones actually are ;)

lmao, trust me the English voices arent anything special. The voice work isnt the strong point in the game. The game is nice, great graphics, very chaotic intese fun, with great special effects but the voice acting is nothing to call home about :)

Return to “Shadowgrounds”