no footstep sounds?

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.

no footstep sounds?

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:52 pm

Is it only me or there are no footstep sounds?

Everything else looks fine but atmosphere of the game dosen't feel right due to absence of footstep sounds. :(

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:02 pm

Yup, no foot step sounds... Artz always wanted it to be included but there was some technical issue or too little time.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

fb_artz

Footstep sounds

Postby fb_artz » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:26 pm

When it comes to time and other important issues you can be facing situations like "you have two choices - co-op or foot step sounds" . These sounds were always intended to be in the game and I had already made them.. Hopefully we will be able to release this feature someday, along some other cool improvements. :)
// Ari 'artz' Pulkkinen, Frozenbyte Team
:: Music and Audio Producer
:: check http://www.aripulkkinen.com for more detail

Re: Footstep sounds

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:28 pm

fb_artz wrote:When it comes to time and other important issues you can be facing situations like "you have two choices - co-op or foot step sounds" . These sounds were always intended to be in the game and I had already made them.. Hopefully we will be able to release this feature someday, along some other cool improvements. :)

good news...looking forward to it.

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:59 pm

I use this thread to suggest something.

How about changeable player skins? :D I've seen the early development stage Wesley Tyler skin, I don't see any problems of adding that to the game :P

Berserker

Postby Berserker » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:19 pm

Nah, that's pretty good so,
those footstepsounds would only disturb me playing. I prefer listening to those little bastards crawling around, this can save your live, especially when those cloaked little snakebeasts approach, and battery's pretty low...

veryium

Postby veryium » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:43 am

Berserker wrote:Nah, that's pretty good so,
those footstepsounds would only disturb me playing. I prefer listening to those little bastards crawling around, this can save your live, especially when those cloaked little snakebeasts approach, and battery's pretty low...

I don't think so.
footstep sounds are very important thing in ACT gaming world.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:54 pm

Well, maybe, but imagine yourself in an alien infested world, what was more realistic, your alter-ego moving somewhat stealthy or making footstepsounds sounds like Rob Halford in "Metal gods"?

(By the way, I love this song...)

And I remember that those footsteps in Diablo 2 after a while really disturbed me.

Return to “Shadowgrounds”