Do you still work on this?

All discussion about Splot. The game was released in 2014 and is available from Apple Store for iOS devices.
mobscener

Do you still work on this?

Postby mobscener » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Do you still work on this? I was wondering cause it's been ages since the bundle came out and you clearly have your attention on other projects. I guess the expansion for Trine 2 is your first priority now. If it's cancelled or something, i would like to see some announcement, just to stop waiting. Thanks.

FB_JussiE

Re: Do you still work on this?

Postby FB_JussiE » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:20 am

Hello mobscener

Splot is still under active development and is looking better than ever.

We do realize it has been a very long wait for the Hunble Frozenbyte Bundle buyers and we apologise for that :oops: .
Splot has its own dedicated development team within the company polishing the game so our other projects do not take time or focus away from Splot.

Once again sorry for the long wait, but we truly hope that the finished game will be worth the wait.

mobscener

Postby mobscener » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Hey, good to know it's still alive. You made me a bit happy, since i was expecting the worst, Splot being vaporware or something. Anyway, good luck on completing it. ;)

kabamaru

Postby kabamaru » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:52 pm

One year later...

AnniFB

Postby AnniFB » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:05 pm

We are aware of the long wait and sincerely apologize for this! Splot is still in development, it's just taking it's time. We don't want to release it unfinished, so we're taking the time it needs to be a great game.

FrozenBug

Postby FrozenBug » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:14 am

It's been two years and a half since the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle was released.
Still waiting for Splot...
No news, no gameplay video, sounds like VAPORWARE.

Borc

Postby Borc » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Maybe cancelled or they restarted. A 2,5 years delay typically means they completely restarted the game from the ground on because of quality issues. And there is no sign that it could come anytime soon. So more like 3+ years.

fb_kai

Postby fb_kai » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of updates on Splot - we haven't posted any new screens or videos for a while due to the many changes that have been made to the gameplay and graphics. I assure you that Splot is still under active development and we want it released just as badly as you do :)

More stuff will come out later this year - the game is close to completion and we'll be focusing our new videos, screenshots and updates closer to the launch.

I'll try to get you a screenshot, or maybe even a short video in a few days. Stay tuned!

fb_kai

Postby fb_kai » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:01 pm

As promised, heres a blogpost with a few screenshots and a gameplay video!

http://frozenbyte.com/2013/11/splot-where-are-you-at/

Borc

Postby Borc » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:18 am

Looks quite different to the last Splot screenshots.

mindw0rk

Postby mindw0rk » Mon May 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Looks to be a very fun tablets game. Bit disappointed its not 3D oriented game. Trine 2 was such a wonderful experience in 3D Vision

macgamer

Postby macgamer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:46 pm

I bought the Mac Version of Splot with a humble bundle. Now it's 2 or 3 years later and I'm still waiting for the bought game. Now I read at your homepage "Splot is a new Frozenbyte game coming for iOS and Windows, and possibly other platforms." Possibly? I bought this game! For Mac! I want it for Mac! In advance you probably can give a free download code for the iOS App to all your Mac customers (most Mac users do have an iPhone/iPad, too).

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:53 pm

macgamer wrote:I bought the Mac Version of Splot with a humble bundle. Now it's 2 or 3 years later and I'm still waiting for the bought game. Now I read at your homepage "Splot is a new Frozenbyte game coming for iOS and Windows, and possibly other platforms." Possibly? I bought this game! For Mac! I want it for Mac! In advance you probably can give a free download code for the iOS App to all your Mac customers (most Mac users do have an iPhone/iPad, too).

Unfortunately our plans regarding Splot for Mac are indeed still open, so I can't make any promises about this at the moment. I'm very sorry for your long wait - the development of Splot has taken quite many turns and indeed it has taken a much longer time than we thought when it was placed in the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle. We'd love to give out iOS download codes for the those Mac users who bought the bundle, but unfortunately this is not possible as even the developers don't get many of these. If you have other questions about this, please send an email to us ( support[at]frozenbyte[dot]com ) and we'll be happy to discuss this.

Return to “Splot”