Trine2 - Can´t purchase Goblin Menace Mac App Store

Technical support for the Linux and Mac platforms for all Trine games.
SlengTeng

Trine2 - Can´t purchase Goblin Menace Mac App Store

Postby SlengTeng » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi,

i bought Trine 2 today. I would like to buy Goblin Menace aswell.
When i try to purchase it, Trine 2 minimizes and a new window pops out. It´s says "Connecting…", but nothing happens.
I am also requested for giving my Apple ID. When i do this, this window pops out again asking again for Apple ID.
After entering Apple ID second time the whole game closes.

I turned of my firewall, but it does not change anything.

Would like to upgrade, can you help ? :|

AnniFB

Re: Trine2 - Can´t purchase Goblin Menace Mac App Store

Postby AnniFB » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:37 pm

What OS X version are you using? Could you check ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports folder? If you can find any files that start with "DLCStore" could you send them to us so we can have a look? It's possible that Trine2 crashes when attempting to make the DLC purchase flow.

If you cannot find anything there then you can also try /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports (yes, the only difference is the ~ mark). The difference is that ~ will take you to the current users Library and without it it will go to the hard drives Library folder, so it's good to check them both.

You can access the "go to folder" function by pressing cmd + shift + G

Have you played all the first 13 levels of Trine 2? What about trying re-logging into App Store?

JaceFarell

Postby JaceFarell » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Hello!

I have this exact same problem, except it has never asked me for my Apple ID, it simply stays on the "Connecting..." window forever. I am running Mac OS 10.9 (Mountain Lion) and I have the latest version of Trine 2 (1.192). I checked both of the folders that you mentioned and neither of them had any files related to TrineDLC. Has anyone found a fix to this yet?

AnniFB

Postby AnniFB » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Does this problem still occur? We have been trying to solve this but unfortunately we don't know anything more about this issue :(

I'd suggest that you'd contact App Store support about this issue. If they come up with any solutions we would also be more than happy to hear them. Hopefully we'll manage to solve this somehow.

dfclark68

Postby dfclark68 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:37 am

I’m having the same problem. The Trine DLC windows always stalls showing connecting...

I would be happy to buy the Trine: The Compete Story upgrade via Steam, except I bought it through the Apple App store and it apparently isn’t an option.

ladiciuus

Postby ladiciuus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:35 am

Well - I have purchased this addon a while ago, but i never got to play it. Now, I moved to a new Mac at home and at work (so 2 new macs) and both Macs, cannot restore the purchase... it gets stuck on "connecting" and it does nothing...so for me, it's not that i can't purchase, i just can't play what i paid for... no logs found by the way - can you help with this please?

dfclark68

Postby dfclark68 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:11 pm

Any fixes in the works?

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with our In-App purchase. We have been trying to solve this but unfortunately we haven't manged to fix it yet. We are working on it but can't promise anything about when it could be fixed. :(

If you don't find it problematic one thing you could do is to buy the game through Steam.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

You can contact us about this by email to Support [at] Frozenbyte [dot] com, please mention this thread and your username on your email.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Linux & Mac”