Lighting problems with RadeonSI open driver

Technical support for the Linux and Mac platforms for all Trine games.
ashmikuz

Lighting problems with RadeonSI open driver

Postby ashmikuz » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:27 pm

I bought Trine 2 complete story from the Humble Indie Bumdle some months ago. I must say, the artwork of your game is amazing, thanks for showing some beauty even to us linux users ;). I possess a dell laptop with hubrid intel/amd graphics (intel hd 400 and amd radeon hd 7730M). Up until now playing with trine on the radeon card with the open driver was impossible, but with LLVM 3.4 and mesa 10 the game runs fine with nice FPS. There are some issues with lighting though. Having two GPUS, I can post a simple comparison from the first level (similar issues are present throughout the game):

Those problems could be related to this bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=66067
And, before you ask, changing quality/AA settings doesn't make any difference, also there are no errors in the console.
BTW making these comparisons i discovered that I can play trine with the intel driver and very high quality, hurray!

MarjutFB

Re: Lighting problems with RadeonSI open driver

Postby MarjutFB » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:00 am

Hi ashmikuz,

Is the problem still occuring?

If it is you could try to update your graphics card drivers and system.

Let me know how it goes!

ashmikuz

Postby ashmikuz » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Is the problem still occuring?

Yes, the problem is still there. I have two more images that show the issue even better on the game start menu(radeon first, then intel):

If it is you could try to update your graphics card drivers and system.

I use archlinux, so all the involved packages are up to date, in particular:
Linux 3.13.2
Mesa 10.0.3
LLVM 3.4
A week ago I wanted to try using git versions for everything and see if the issue was fixed, but I need my laptop for my exams in this period, so experimenting too much is not a great idea for the time being...

I also tried using the standalone version downloaded from torrent on humbleindiebundle.com, same problems occurred.
On a side note, is it possible to know which version I am using? It appears there was an update on steam, but I don't think i got it...
If you need some help debugging, just ask and I can post outputs/debug prints here...
Thanks for your support

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi ashmikuz,

Sorry for the long delay. And Thank you for your support. :)

Have you tried AMD's own drivers? Is it possible to use drivers with your configuration? Have you tried any different setup?

We have not encountered anything like this nor heard of similar issues. We can try to look into this, but not making much promises for such a specific issue. Sorry.

Though if you find out anything more about this we'll happily read about it.

Cheers.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Linux & Mac”