PS2-Controller VS Snow Leopard

Technical support for the Linux and Mac platforms for all Trine games.
Emilio

PS2-Controller VS Snow Leopard

Postby Emilio » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi - I "found" an old T2-Version (from 2013, which is running) on my 10.6.8.-System. I spent hours of googling and reading about the gamepad-problems, but I could´t find a thread that´s solving my problem: a few days ago I bought an adapter for my PS2-Controller - the right thumbstick doesn´t work, and the left one moves (at any kind of configuration) with up and down only the cursor from left to right… What can I do? I don´t know much about gaming and configurations, but I really like to play this wonderful game with my ps2-pad on my mac - I hope you can help me…

MarjutFB

Re: PS2-Controller VS Snow Leopard

Postby MarjutFB » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:57 am

Unfortunately, we don't really support using PlayStation 2 controllers. They can't be directly connected to the computer and aren't meant for computer gaming. In other word I can't promise your setup will work with the game, but I can give you some general tips.

Most recommendable would be to play with a keyboard and mouse combination, or you could get another gaming controller.

Here are some tips and questions:

Do you have the Steam or the App Store version of the game? And you did mean Trine 2, right?

Firstly, you could check the control bindings through the game's menu (Settings→Configure Controls), if the problem is just there. Some controllers do need manual keybinding to work correctly. You can also reset the controls from the same menu, which you could try as well.

It'd also good if you'd try the controller in another game. If the same issue is in other games too, the problem is most likely with your controllers configuration. If this is the case you could try another program or emulator for the controller. This could also be a problem with your adapter.

I hope above was helpful, but if it wasn't could you tell are you using some kind of program or emulator for the controller? Did you use another one earlier?

Let me know if you have any questions about this. Cheers!

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Linux & Mac”