Wacom Mouse Sensitivity with Trine Linux

Technical support for the Linux and Mac platforms for all Trine games.
mushi

Wacom Mouse Sensitivity with Trine Linux

Postby mushi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi you all !
I'm currently running Trine on Fedora 20 x64, with a nvidia 750ti. Except for pulseaudio (sometimes being a little annoying), the only issue I would like to solved is with my wacom tablet (intuos 3). As for now, the mouse (stylet) is far too fast in menus and game mode.
In options.txt, I can set the mouse_sensitivity = 1.000000 to a lower value, it solved the fast mouse issue, but then the cursor cannot be used on the entire screen, only a part of it (it feels like the cursor is on a smaller resoltion monitor than the game itself).
Any ideas I can try to play Trine without switching for a more othodox mouse ?
Thanks for your advices !

RiikkaFB

Re: Wacom Mouse Sensitivity with Trine Linux

Postby RiikkaFB » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Sorry for the delay! Unfortunately we can't offer support for tablets with Linux. I recommend a keyboard and mouse or a regular controller such as the Xbox 360 controller.

You mentioned issues with pulseaudio - are you still experiencing these? If so, we can look into them if you tell us a bit more about the issue. If you want us to look into this, please also mention if you are playing the original Trine, or Trine Enchanted Edition that was recently released on Steam.

Cheers. :)

mushi

Postby mushi » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:16 pm

RiikkaFB wrote:Unfortunately we can't offer support for tablets with Linux(...)if you are playing the original Trine, or Trine Enchanted Edition that was recently released on Steam.Cheers. :)

hmm ? I'm on a desktop PC (with Fedora 20), with original Trine (from humble bundle) and i AM therefore using a keyboard, but with an intuos 3 tablet as a mouse.
Pulseaudio problem is nothing to worry about, but the stylet issue prevents me to play at all...

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:22 am

mushi wrote:hmm ? I'm on a desktop PC (with Fedora 20), with original Trine (from humble bundle) and i AM therefore using a keyboard, but with an intuos 3 tablet as a mouse.
Pulseaudio problem is nothing to worry about, but the stylet issue prevents me to play at all...

Sorry if I didn't express myself clearly - I wasn't trying to suggest you weren't using a keyboard at all, but just that the game does not have support for tablets, or other touch-based devices, for mouse. So I recommend a regular mouse for this purpose. Sorry for this inconvenience.

mushi

Postby mushi » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:46 am

My mistake. Sorry for misunderstanding. Thank you for your kind answer and your help. Too bad for me I can't play with anything else than my wacom at the moment. Anyway, thanks again !

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Linux & Mac”