Trine won't start, Ubuntu 14.04.3, Steam.

Technical support for the Linux and Mac platforms for all Trine games.
markkirby

Trine won't start, Ubuntu 14.04.3, Steam.

Postby markkirby » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:30 pm

As the title says, after the launcher there is nothing, Steam says the game is running and my system monitor says it is sleeping ? (I can't wake it up).

I have the latest Nvidia driver for my card (Nvidia-346-updates), fully up to date, all required libs for running 32bit programs on a 64bit system, verify the cache, it is fine, reinstalled, same problem.

By running trine1_linux_32bit bin file in a terminal I see

Code: Select all

error while loading shared libraries: libCgGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When I try to install `libCgGL` I get `latest version is already installed` (latest for my distribution anyway), version is libcggl 3.1.0013-1.

Now i am stuck, please help fix this, all my other Steam games run fine, this is very annoying.

RiikkaFB

Re: Trine won't start, Ubuntu 14.04.3, Steam.

Postby RiikkaFB » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Sorry for the slight delay! I asked about this from our QA, and it seems it's possible that you could be missing a library.

Please try to run

install_dependencies_ubuntu_64bit.sh
on the terminal, and all necessary libraries should be installed. You can find that from:

steamapps/common/Trine/_enchanted_editon_/bin

After that you can try to start the game normally through Steam or on the terminal.

The error message you received could be caused because you tried to run the application through the terminal. So if you still can't (or don't want to) open the application through Steam, please follow the instructions below:

• 1. Open this in terminal:

steamapps/common/Trine/_enchanted_editon_

• 2. Write the following to terminal:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib/lib32

• 3. Write the following to terminal:

bin/trine1_linux_32bit
    or

bin/trine1_linux_launcher_32bit

If it still doesn't work, any more information about your setup could be useful as well. Please also mention if anything changes (for example, if you receive a different error message).

I hope this helped. :) Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Linux & Mac”