Trine 3 and Apple Magic Mouse

Technical support for the Linux and Mac platforms for all Trine games.
Athirn

Trine 3 and Apple Magic Mouse

Postby Athirn » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Hello there,

My issue quite silly, but I couldn't find the answer. In Trine 3 for certain actions you must press both left and right mouse buttons. But when you use an Apple Magic Mouse you can't do that. I've tried to set the right button action to a keyboard key — with no effect. So I've stuck almost in the beginning of the game. What should I do to break that goddamn hatch? :)

RiikkaFB

Re: Trine 3 and Apple Magic Mouse

Postby RiikkaFB » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:57 pm

The actions that use both left & right click simultaneously should also have secondary keys binded to them. So for example, if you want to use Charge, the other default key should be Shift, and for Stomp pressing Cmd while in the air should work. Does this not work either?

You could also try enabling secondary click (System Preferences -> Mouse -> Enable Secondary Click) if you haven't already - this should allow you to register left and right clicks separately but honestly I'm not sure if the Magic Mouse still supports simultaneous right & left click.

If this doesn't help, you could also try to reset the default keybinds from the menu, or manually rebind the buttons to Shift and Cmd (to make sure nothing went wrong when you originally tried binding the keys to your keyboard) and verify the game files through Steam.

I hope this helped. Let me know how it goes. :)

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Linux & Mac”