Trine 2 low resolution gfx corruption

Technical support for the Linux and Mac platforms for all Trine games.
t00kewlman

Trine 2 low resolution gfx corruption

Postby t00kewlman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:26 pm

I purchased two copies of Trine 2/Trine during the steam special so that my children could play co-op. We have one machine that plays the game very well, but the other is a very old iMac (1.8 Ghz Core Duo, ATI X1600). Obviously I don't expect it to run well on the iMac, but Trine (1) is playable at the lowest resolution. However, when trying to launch Trine 2 in 640x480 - 1024x640, displays the 3D scene with nothing but odd blocks:

Now if I run in a higher resolution (ie. 1024x768), it looks ok with only some odd water issues, but the framerate is 11 FPS and completely unplayable.

Any ideas on how I might be able to get lower resolutions to work correctly?

FB_JussiE

Re: Trine 2 low resolution gfx corruption

Postby FB_JussiE » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:49 am

Hello t00kewlman and sorry to hear you're having trouble with the game.

Unfortunately I myself cannot offer any help on this issue, but I have forwarded the issue to our coders.
We'll let you know once we have figured the issue out.

Just a sidenote have you tried toggling the other graphical settings in addition to the resolution to see if they have any sort of impact, also does having windowed or fullscreen have difference?

t00kewlman

Re: Trine 2 low resolution gfx corruption

Postby t00kewlman » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:51 pm

I've tried just about everything I can think of, both fullscreen and windowed modes. I've adjusted every setting on the startup screen, both up and down just to see if it would make any difference. I've even tried adjusting some of the settings in the options.txt file. So far nothing seems to change the outcome at all and only works at all when I bump the resolution up over the threshold. Thanks for looking into this for me. Let me know if I can provide any other details.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Linux & Mac”