Shadowgrounds Beta fails to install

Technical support for the Linux and Mac platforms for Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor.
Octatron

Shadowgrounds Beta fails to install

Postby Octatron » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi,

Every time I try to install the Shadowgrounds .run file in terminal it says: "ShadowgroundsBeta12.run: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected"

It will not go any furthur, I'm running Ubuntu Lucid x64, Nvidia GTX 260, Intel i7 Quad Core.

If anyone can help that would be great 8)

Octatron :mrgreen:

Octatron

Re: Shadowgrounds Beta fails to install

Postby Octatron » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:56 am

This is goofy replying to my own question. Joel I found out through Google ( I should of looked there first!) you have to make the files executable once your download them! chmod +x "filename" then you start them ./"filename" not sh "filename" the Shadow games are working however trine complains saying: (libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by ./Trine-1.64.run) But I have two games working yay! :D

nageljj

Postby nageljj » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:04 pm

I'll take that bet. Porting a game to a whole new OS doesn't
become trivial just because the source code is available. :D
Last edited by nageljj on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Octatron wrote:This is goofy replying to my own question. Joel I found out through Google ( I should of looked there first!) you have to make the files executable once your download them! chmod +x "filename" then you start them ./"filename" not sh "filename" the Shadow games are working however trine complains saying: (libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by ./Trine-1.64.run) But I have two games working yay! :D

Wow, I guess this must've slipped past us originally, sorry for not replying on this - is Trine still not working? I believe this problem was solved with some updates (see this thread).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Technical support for Linux & Mac”