Shadowgrounds/Survivor do not lauch in Ubuntu 12.04

Technical support for the Linux and Mac platforms for Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor.
FrozenBug

Shadowgrounds/Survivor do not lauch in Ubuntu 12.04

Postby FrozenBug » Fri May 25, 2012 9:20 pm

On Ubuntu 12.04 (32-Bit) when i try to launch Shadowgrounds i get the following errors:

../shadowgrounds-launcher: /home/user/desura/common/shadowgrounds/lib32/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /home/user/desura/common/shadowgrounds/lib32/libglade-2.0.so.0)
../shadowgrounds-launcher: /home/user/desura/common/shadowgrounds/lib32/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpulse.so.0)
../shadowgrounds-launcher: /home/user/desura/common/shadowgrounds/lib32/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libvorbis.so.0)

By applying the following procedure - which worked for Trine - I was able to make the error messages disapear:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4256

The launcher now starts, but when I click the launch button, the game dies silently (no output on the command line).
I tried the standalone (HumbleBundle) version and the Desura version - same result. Any ideas? Thanx in advance.

FrozenBug

Re: Shadowgrounds/Survivor do not lauch in Ubuntu 12.04

Postby FrozenBug » Wed May 30, 2012 2:10 am

Ok, i found the problem. I installed the (shadowgroundsUpdate1.run) globally in /usr/local/games/. After fixing the libraries I had to start the game once as superuser and adjust the settings. Now it runs fine. To sum up the commands I used to fix library issues (worked for Shadowgrounds and Survivor):

mv lib32 lib32.bak
mkdir lib32
cp lib32.bak/libboost* lib32
cp lib32.bak/libicu* lib32
cp lib32.bak/libav* lib32
cp lib32.bak/libPhysX* lib32

Didn't test the Desura version yet ...

Return to “Technical support for Linux & Mac”