Trine 2 slow on Ubuntu 11.10

Technical support for the Linux and Mac platforms for Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor.
mooler

Trine 2 slow on Ubuntu 11.10

Postby mooler » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:49 pm

I just bought Trine 2 and really want to get it running on my linux machine.
My specs are:
Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit
Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
AMD dual 4200+
6Gb RAM

Now the game installs and runs but the graphic and the mouse is to slow to make it playable. I figure it is something with the sound drivers thats amess.

I get this when running the game from a terminal.

Code: Select all

~/Trine2$ bin/trine2_linux_32bit
ALSA lib ../../../src/pcm/pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib ../../../src/pcm/pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib ../../../src/pcm/pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1613:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1613:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
ALSA lib ../../../src/pcm/pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
AL lib: pulseaudio.c:331: PulseAudio returned minreq > tlength/2; expect break up
[email protected]:~/Trine2$ bin/trine2_linux_32bit
ALSA lib ../../../src/pcm/pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib ../../../src/pcm/pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib ../../../src/pcm/pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib ../../../src/pcm/pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
ALSA lib ../../../src/pcm/pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave

But thats where my linuxknowledge ends, a do know that my soundcard ( a delta 1010lt ) got my to edit some settings to get it running but thats about as specific as I can get on that subject :-P

Is there a way to just disable the sound from even loading on gamestart to rule out the game issue?

*edit* I should add that when I turn on the fps it gets me whooping 3-4 fps :D I do have the Nvidia driver installed ( at least my nvidia x server settings says that driver 280.13 is att work ). I use twinview but have disabled on of the screens to rule out anything wrong with that setting.

mooler

Re: Trine 2 slow on Ubuntu 11.10

Postby mooler » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:39 pm

I havent found any solution to this yet. Could it be due to the fact that I only have a GT 7600 with 256Mb om RAM?

Return to “Technical support for Linux & Mac”