First peek at Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power

For discussion about Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, released in 2015 for Windows, Mac and Linux. Is also available for PlayStation 4.
MarjutFB

First peek at Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power

Postby MarjutFB » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:39 pm

YES, we're making it! AND it'll be out this year. :)

Check out our blog for pictures and more info.

jjj

Re: First peek at Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power

Postby jjj » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Thanks you guys and girls. I think there is lot of peoples waiting this

iras

Postby iras » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:52 am

Really can't wait! Loved the first two. And it caught me completely by surprise, I thought I've read before that your next game won't be a new Trine. Great news! Looking forward to seeing more. :)

Kein

Postby Kein » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:44 am

YES

Quandrastorm

Postby Quandrastorm » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:25 pm

i was actually just googleing today to see if there was any news on a thrine 3 yet, i didn't expect this kind of news tho i expected just rumors :D

funny how the forums says "work in progress thrine 2 FAQ"

mete0s

Postby mete0s » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:34 am

Sneaky, sneaky people at Frozenbyte!!!! You guys have been lying to us for such a long time, telling us were putting the Trine serios on hold, when in reality you have been developing Trine 3 all this time... AND I LOVE YOU FOR THAT! :lol:

The Trine games are one of the few I own and I am definitely going to buy the third and i assume last part(and of course hope that is not the case.) Once again the world you have created is outstanding, vibrant and majestic- a place I would like to take a journey to and explore.The heroes look better than ever(and the water, oh god that water :D ). AND then 3D elements!!! I have to admit that in the past I have thought what you guys are going to do for the 3rd installment and 3D crossed my mind, but I was still caught by surprise when i actually saw it in the trailer. It raised some doubts and concerne in my mind, but i have learned that there are truly talanted people working at Frozenbyte and I have learned to trust them and their decisions. However, once I saw my favorite Zoya swinging in 3D i got so excited thinking about all the possibilites. A 3D world could mean even more exploration, even more secrets! Hopefully this time the chests won't be filled with artwork and poems(they were fun, but the items were much more exciting) and even if that is the case i would still go on a treasure hunt for all of them, because finding them is one of my favorite parts about the games.

Furthermore, i really want to know how 3D puzzles, if there are any, will function because i can't imagine the wizard creating planks from that point of view. Pontius will have no problem fighting in a 3D world, but how will Zoya do it, how will she aim... argh so many questions. And speaking of fighting and cobmat- I hope this game delivers a greater challenge in that aspect and an even better variety of enemies. Trine 2 was better than Trine 1 in that aspect, but i kind of felt that most enemies - goblins, mummies, mermen?!? - fought the same way but just looked different and had different health. But the archers, the fire goblins, the dragons, even the shamans (useless as they were), spiders, grenadiers- they, combined with the aforementioned enemies, switched up the combat attacking you from unusual angles, making you wait and defend yourself instead of just bashing mindlessly(Maybe add a healer or protector, maybe add elemental resistances). If we are going to see an enemy type the entire game(like goblins with spears in Trine 2) increase their stats over the game apart from just changing them with Level Difficulty and giving them static stats from start to finish, because it is not exactly fair that the heroes get so much power from leveling up while the different enemy types always have the same health and damage and making them feel like less of a challenge by the end of the game.

Those are just my thoughts and i don't care if they are not what you guys have planned, because i know that the game that you guys are going to give us will defenitely be a masterpiece again and I will love it.2015 has just started so there is still time before the release and I am eagerly awaiting the next bit of information you tease, the next screenshot, the next art, the next trailer... Until then I am just going to rewatch the glorious one we already have! :D

Return to “Trine 3”