Early Access nd Feedback

For discussion about Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, released in 2015 for Windows, Mac and Linux. Is also available for PlayStation 4.
Kein

Early Access nd Feedback

Postby Kein » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Last edited by Kein on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xitrum

Re: Early Access

Postby xitrum » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:17 pm

I'm definitely IN!

I suggested 3D gameplay a long time ago for Trine 3. I simply love the idea of open-world exploration in the gorgeous Trine universe. Imaging that in stereoscopic 3D. I'm so happy that Frozenbyte is moving in that direction. (The side scrolling gameplay was getting stale for me) From the trailer, it doesn't look fully open-world but I'll take it. One step at a time, I guess.

I know the online co-op feature is not completed but I'll get my other Trine companions to play online co-op.

April 21st can't come quick enough!
Last edited by xitrum on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xitrum

Postby xitrum » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:23 pm

I've never done Steam Early Access before. I'll do it for Trine 3. :D

The question is: when the game is released, do I have to buy the full game again? Or does Early Access get the full game once it is released?

Kein

Postby Kein » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:34 am

xitrum wrote:I've never done Steam Early Access before. I'll do it for Trine 3. :D

The question is: when the game is released, do I have to buy the full game again? Or does Early Access get the full game once it is released?

You pay 20$ for EA, I doubt you will have to pay again, Frozenbyte won't go that far, heh.
EA version will be upgraded to full

fb_kai

Postby fb_kai » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:33 pm

Kein wrote:
xitrum wrote:I've never done Steam Early Access before. I'll do it for Trine 3. :D

You pay 20$ for EA, I doubt you will have to pay again, Frozenbyte won't go that far, heh.
EA version will be upgraded to full

If you buy the game during Early Access, you will of course get the full version automatically when the game is officially released :)

xitrum

Postby xitrum » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:29 am

Cool! I'm definitely in. Thanks.

Btw, don't say EA. That's a different word, and not necessarily a good one. :)

Zulagaar

Postby Zulagaar » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:41 am

Hello!
I was hoping for some big news about Trine 3, but I wouldn't even think it could be something like an early access :D And this soon, that's just great! :) The only thing I am worried about a bit is if my computer could still run it, would you please be so kind and tell me at least rough HW specifications needed?

Zulagaar

Postby Zulagaar » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:07 am

Or just to make it easier, do you think I would be able to run it somehow playeable with pentium Dual core @ 2.93Ghz, 6GB RAM and Geforce 9500GT 512MB? I am worried about graphics the most :/ I am hoping for positive reply, I would really love to play it today :D

fb_jlarja

Postby fb_jlarja » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:03 pm

Zulagaar wrote:Or just to make it easier, do you think I would be able to run it somehow playeable with pentium Dual core @ 2.93Ghz, 6GB RAM and Geforce 9500GT 512MB? I am worried about graphics the most :/ I am hoping for positive reply, I would really love to play it today :D

Well, that's pretty low-end by todays standards. CPU is probably OK (depends on exactly which model of Pentium that is), but the GPU is not really enough. You might be able to run it somehow, but if you have ever tried Trine 2 with very low settings, then you know somehow may be really badly. Also, since we haven't actually tested with 9500 GT, I may well be wrong and the reality is even worse. I think you should at least wait for some other people with similar or only somewhat faster hardware to share their experience.

-JLarja

Dartaen

Postby Dartaen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Where can we post feedback regarding bugs, gameplay issues etc.?

Kein

Postby Kein » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:36 pm

xitrum

Postby xitrum » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:55 am

Woohoo! I got a six-pack... uhh.. I mean a 3-pack. Will be partying online soon... :D

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:03 am

Dartaen wrote:Where can we post feedback regarding bugs, gameplay issues etc.?

You can write basically anywhere, on these forums or to the game's Steam Community. You can also email us at Support[at]Frozenbyte[dot]com.

We unfortunately are currently very busy, so we might not be able to answer to every report but will definitely look each of them through. :)

Cheers all!

Zybex

Re: Early Access nd Feedback

Postby Zybex » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:35 am

I have a question:

Does T3 have higher hardware requirements?
I was able to run Trine 2 at max settings at stable 60fps in 3D (120fps in total) but I can only get 40-60fps in Trine 3 on GTX760. CPU is 2500K overclocked to 4,3GHz with all the energy saving features disabled.
I tried:
- changing the drivers to the newest ones
- OC the GPU (surprisingly, 58fps didn't change into 60fps, seems strange, since my GPU was at least 5% faster)
- changing the cap/lag reduction/triple buffering settings

I finally gave up, changed the setting to medium. And this is when I got really worried. The game with medium settings doesn't look as good as T2 at max settings which runs well, at stable 60fps in 3D.
Trine 3 drops not only to 5x fps but even to 4x fps, so even switching to the painfully flickery 100hz mode (50Hz per eye) won't help me.
I don't want to play any side-scrolling game with anything less than 60fps and everybody who has a monitor/TV with low persistence agrees with me on it - when you see a game at true 60fps without any (ANY!) blur whatsoever, you don't want to go back. And the difference between 57fps and 60fps is huge, believe me.

I wonder if I should stop playing the early acccess game and hope for the optimisations, or there is no chance for improvements. I'm afraid it might be improved but for the newest cards. That's what Nvidia does, I'm afraid - it doesn't care about the owners of the cards that are not being sold anymore.

I don't really care about postprocess effects (to be honest I prefer my games with all postprocess switched off), but I'd like to have the full geometry and texture quality.

edit:
Kein
Was your advice for me? If so, I turned AA off in nvidia panel, in game launcher and then even by manually switching it to 0 in game .ini file (although 1 means off from what I understand, but I tried both). Still drops below 50fps in some places (I only played first level) on medium settings.
edit 2:
Manually disabling glow in .ini file, and setting the game to either 900p or 1080p but 50Hz (100Hz in 3D) allowed to maintain stable framerate 99% of the time (there are drops here and there, but mostly it holds 50fps). I also disabled 3D for a quick test - rare drops to 88fps, mostly over 90fps and some places where it holds 120fps at 1080p with everything max, disabled AA and manually disabled glow. I guess that's it for my gtx760. If I want more, I have to upgrade my GPU (too bad it's not happening in the next year, but it's not bad as it is now, after this tweaking. :) )
Last edited by Zybex on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Kein

Re: Early Access nd Feedback

Postby Kein » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:49 am

Disable SSAA (Anti-Aliasing)

Return to “Trine 3”