Other Platforms

For discussion about Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, released in 2015 for Windows, Mac and Linux. Is also available for PlayStation 4.
NeatNit

Other Platforms

Postby NeatNit » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:22 am

I just happened to notice Trine 3 in the Upcoming Games list on Steam! It looks absolutely fantastic!

I was wondering about non-PC platforms. As mentioned in the blog post:
The Windows version will be the first one to be released – we’ll reveal more about other platforms later.

So I don't want to pester too much, but it would be great to have an off-the-record answer. What platforms are planned, even if they won't necessarily end up happening? Are there any platforms that are definitely NOT happening?

I liked the Trine 2 demo on Wii U but had no reason to buy either it or Trine Enchanted Edition, as I've already completed both with my friends on PC. But if Trine 3 is released on Wii U, I might just prefer that version over the PC, even if it means waiting a little longer.

Thanks!

fb_jlarja

Re: Other Platforms

Postby fb_jlarja » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:19 am

Mac and Linux versions are planned to be released some time after Windows version (probably not on day one and definitely not on day one of Early Access, but pretty soon anyway). Console plans are less clear, but we are at least thinking about PS4, XboxOne and Wii U versions. However, it's way too early to give any estimate on schedule or even to say for sure that they are coming.

-JLarja

veepee

Postby veepee » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:51 pm

fb_jlarja wrote:Mac and Linux versions are planned to be released some time after Windows version (probably not on day one and definitely not on day one of Early Access, but pretty soon anyway). Console plans are less clear, but we are at least thinking about PS4, XboxOne and Wii U versions. However, it's way too early to give any estimate on schedule or even to say for sure that they are coming.

-JLarja

That's good to know. There seemed to be some confusion over this in some comments to news posts. I begun a bit careful after almost buying UT3 some years ago in anticipation of a linux version that never came. Just to let you guys know, I'd preorder an explicitly linux version right away if it were available. But anyway, good luck with this game and I hope you take your time to get it all just right. :) I think this series is getting a bit legendary.

reymo

Postby reymo » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:27 am

fb_jlarja wrote:Mac and Linux versions are planned to be released some time after Windows version (probably not on day one and definitely not on day one of Early Access, but pretty soon anyway). Console plans are less clear, but we are at least thinking about PS4, XboxOne and Wii U versions. However, it's way too early to give any estimate on schedule or even to say for sure that they are coming.

-JLarja

Hi just curious if anything has changed. I played Trine 1 & 2 on Macs and hope to play Trine 3 that way too. Does it look like it's at least in the works?

fb_jlarja

Postby fb_jlarja » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:23 am

Linux and Mac versions are in the works, but (unless something unexpected happens) won't be ready by the time Windows version exits Early Access. Hopefully, we'll have beta version out before that though.

Unfortunately we don't have any more specific schedule to share.

-JLarja

Shielduser

Postby Shielduser » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:51 pm

Dare I even ask about Shield (android) support?

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:35 am

Shielduser wrote:Dare I even ask about Shield (android) support?

Unfortunately can't say anything about that. We'll announce possible other platforms later.

Cheers! :)

MattiP

Postby MattiP » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Please. I'm a huge Trine fan (have played through Trine 1 and Trine 2 on PS3) and we REALLY need to get this on PS4. :(

fb_kai

Postby fb_kai » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:04 pm

Hey folks! Mac and Linux BETA is now available on Steam :)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/319910/announcements/detail/39762414062670791

Return to “Trine 3”