Unhandled exceptions

For discussion about Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, released in 2015 for Windows, Mac and Linux. Is also available for PlayStation 4.
zalcyon

Unhandled exceptions

Postby zalcyon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:08 pm

Hello, I just bought Trine 3 on Steam, everything worked well until I quit the game, then tried to continue. The game starts, however crashes when I try to resume gameplay.

The crashlog

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Unhandled exception
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Address: 0x00007FF7EBBAFBBF in trine3_64bit.exe:00007FF7EBBAF000
Related modules: ntdll.dll trine3_64bit.exe KERNEL32.DLL
Minidump:
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Trine 3\log\trine3_64bit.exe_91034bf1.dmp
Press CTRL+C to copy this message
OK   

I did some research and found out that this error occurred in previous Trine releases.
What I tried (and failed solving this error):
  • Verify game integrity on Steam.
  • Disable Steam overlay (by the way, I'm not using any software like Xfire, Fraps, etc.).
  • Rename atiags.dll.
  • Run game with -disableMinidump flag.

PC configuration
  • Win 8.1 64 bit
  • Nvidia GeForce 760M
  • 16GB RAM
  • Intel i7-4700HQ processor

Thank you for helping.
Regards,
Meckl Antal

MarjutFB

Re: Unhandled exceptions

Postby MarjutFB » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Thank you for your report!

Unfortunately, the Resume Game option currently doesn't work. Is this the option you chose from the Main Menu?

We should have a fixing patch coming out soon, but meanwhile you can just select the level you want to play from the level selection menu from the Single Player option.

Cheers!

zalcyon

Postby zalcyon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:20 pm

MarjutFB wrote:Thank you for your report!

Unfortunately, the Resume Game option currently doesn't work. Is this the option you chose from the Main Menu?

We should have a fixing patch coming out soon, but meanwhile you can just select the level you want to play from the level selection menu from the Single Player option.

Cheers!

Hello, I just figured out this. Yes, I tried to 'Resume Game', but now I cant resume playing from the Single Player menu by selecting the level.

Thank you!

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:27 pm

zalcyon wrote:I cant resume playing from the Single Player menu by selecting the level.

Thank you!

Did you mean you can or is it still not working?

zalcyon

Postby zalcyon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:48 pm

MarjutFB wrote:
zalcyon wrote:I cant resume playing from the Single Player menu by selecting the level.

Thank you!

Did you mean you can or is it still not working?

EDIT: Sorry for the typo, I can resume playing from the Single Player menu.

zalcyon

Postby zalcyon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:14 pm

After today's update the 'Resume Game' option is correctly working.

Great job!

EDIT: Mark this thread solved if possible.

mafrank57

Postby mafrank57 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:54 am

I am also getting this error, but it occurs when i try to launch the game. I've turned off UAC, installed newest DirectX, tried all video modes, tried all compatability modes all with no success. I realy love the Trine games and hope to see more in the future. PLEASE help.

Windows 7 64 bit ATI radeon 4200 video card 8 gb ram, 2 ghz amd processor

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Fri May 13, 2016 9:07 am

mafrank57 wrote:I am also getting this error, but it occurs when i try to launch the game. I've turned off UAC, installed newest DirectX, tried all video modes, tried all compatability modes all with no success. I realy love the Trine games and hope to see more in the future. PLEASE help.

Windows 7 64 bit ATI radeon 4200 video card 8 gb ram, 2 ghz amd processor

Sorry for the delay, but hopefully this helps!

Unfortunately the error code itself isn't telling much because it can happen for numerous reasons, but below it something you could try to do. You don't need to try the steps you tried already, and please note that your graphics card most likely can't run the game with very high settings.

Note: Please make sure that the game is not running in Windows' background progresses when attempting to launch the game again.

1. Launch the Game's .exe
    Please try to launch both of the game's .exe files through the game's installation folder, their names are the following. Please also try to launch these files as administrator.

trine3_32bit.exe
    trine3_64bit.exe

2. Update Your Operating System
    I also recommend to check that your operating system, graphics card drivers and PhysX are up to date. You can find the latest version of PhysX through this link.

Please also note that it's best to restart your computer, if you update any of these.

3. Try Other Options
    Please check if trying other options from the game launcher would help. I recommend at least to try different graphics settings and to launch the game in the Windowed Mode. Please let me know if this makes any difference!

4. Check Open Programs
    Unfortunately it's not uncommon that antivirus or other security programs sometimes interfere with any game's files, so please check this isn't the case with Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power. You could just in case add the game to your security program's exceptions.

Please also see you don't have any other programs open that could interfere with the game, for example overlay programs such as Raptr or Xfire.

If nothing above helps, please tell if you noticed any difference and from which store you bought the game. Was it from Steam for example?

If you bought the game from Steam I also recommend trying the following:

Disable Minidump
    • Right-click on Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power in your Steam Library
    • Select Properties
    • Click "Set Launch Options"
    • Write the following inside the text box: -disableMinidump
      Remember to include the minus sign there as well.

Let me know if you have any questions or just how it goes!

Return to “Trine 3”