Loved Trine 3!

For discussion about Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, released in 2015 for Windows, Mac and Linux. Is also available for PlayStation 4.
TryonB

Loved Trine 3!

Postby TryonB » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:44 pm

Hey guys at Frozenbyte,

I know I'm late to the party, but I finally got around to playing Trine 3. I loved it! and I'm sad to hear that Trine 4 is in jeopardy! I think the movement to 3D was very well done, and thus I didn't mind the lack of upgrades. The puzzles didn't need them and your level designers offered a good amount of variety in the level design so it wasn't needed in the character design. While I did think the game was short, I also fully felt like I got my money's worth and think that even if it had 4 times the levels I would have been wanting more. I think the haters forget it's not a full priced $60 game.

I love how flexible the puzzles are and that more often than not there are multiple solutions to progress through a level or find that hidden gem.

One thing I would love to see in Trine 4 (if we could be so lucky to see it released one day) is 1-3 super hidden gems in each level. I really enjoyed exploring every level and trying to find hidden things. The level design was very liberal with what you could climb on and explore. I was finally rewarded with the frozen frog Easter Egg near the end of the game. I would love to see more hidden features like that that reward exploration off the beaten path.

If you can find a way to bring back character upgrades and keep it 3D and add a 2nd collectible and/or more hidden things, I think Trine 4 would be a smashing success. Have you considered crowdfunding like Kickstarter? Look at the success Shenmue 3 had. I would absolutely be a supporter.

Thanks, I hope this message finds the developers and marketing team.

TryonB

MarjutFB

Re: Loved Trine 3!

Postby MarjutFB » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Thank you for your feedback! It means a lot to us.

I'll also forward your suggestions to our team. And also about Easter eggs, I'll say that there might be something else in the game too. ;)

Unfortunately there are some difficulties with crowdfunding, but we might consider it in the future.

Cheers and thanks again! :)

TheraNord

Postby TheraNord » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:21 pm

I think the other Easter Egg was in the bonus level-The Quest For Cake,in the end everbody says "The cake is a lie!"I remember a character called Sten from Dragon Age Origins being involved in a quest for a cake in the end he also said "The cake is a lie!"Or it's from Valve's Portal? :D For crowdfunding I would say it's the best for an indie developer like you.One thing though if you make Trine 4,please,make the camera freely moveable,it will save a lot of problems,I think.Wish you luck with Shadwen. :D

atronach

Postby atronach » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:23 am

MarjutFB wrote:Thank you for your feedback! It means a lot to us.

I'll also forward your suggestions to our team. And also about Easter eggs, I'll say that there might be something else in the game too. ;)

@MarjutFB, could you add more enemies in the scenes ? The levels and scenes are gorgeous but also they feel empty.
If you play single player or co-op with 3 knights, the levels and scenes are begging for more combat action.

Could you make an option to add more monsters to the levels ?

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:16 pm

Sorry for the delay but here are answers for you! :D

Best way to contact us is by emailing at Support[at]Frozenbyte[dot]com if you need a quick reply.

TheraNord wrote:I think the other Easter Egg was in the bonus level-The Quest For Cake,in the end everbody says "The cake is a lie!"I remember a character called Sten from Dragon Age Origins being involved in a quest for a cake in the end he also said "The cake is a lie!"Or it's from Valve's Portal? :D For crowdfunding I would say it's the best for an indie developer like you.One thing though if you make Trine 4,please,make the camera freely moveable,it will save a lot of problems,I think.Wish you luck with Shadwen. :D

That's a well spotted quote and it might be related to both, but there are actually more Easter Eggs in the game too. :wink:

Also thank you for your support!

atronach wrote:@MarjutFB, could you add more enemies in the scenes ? The levels and scenes are gorgeous but also they feel empty.
If you play single player or co-op with 3 knights, the levels and scenes are begging for more combat action.

Could you make an option to add more monsters to the levels ?

I don't think there will be this big changes to Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power anymore, but thank you for your suggestions! Maybe we'll look into this in our future titles. Cheers!

sadesh

Postby sadesh » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:02 am

Hi MarjutFB,

Is there any updates on trine 3?

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Thu May 12, 2016 9:00 am

sadesh wrote:Hi MarjutFB,

Is there any updates on trine 3?

I don't think there are any updates. One way to see what has changed is to check the readme_changelog.txt from the game's installation folder.

Still thank you for your interest. Cheers! :)

Return to “Trine 3”