Stuck in Silo

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
sd

Stuck in Silo

Postby sd » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:04 pm

Hi,

I get the task to find Dr <something> on 3rd level in order to restore communcations. I get as far as to building where he is. At first time I went there, the monsters with guns on hands were coming thru locked doors and I killed them all.

But then I wasnt able to proceed. No doors opened and I couldnt turn back either. No matter what tried. I could shoot barrels but could not advance.

So I restarted the game, but every time I arrive to the building door the game crashes and computer reboots....

Any ideas ?

SD

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:32 pm

Don't post a new thread without checking out the other parts of this forum

http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/forum/ ... c.php?t=92

winkblink

Postby winkblink » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:36 pm

[quote="Sampo":replace]Don't post a new thread without checking out the other parts of this forum

http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/forum/ ... c.php?t=92[/quote:replace]

He is not stuck at the 10 sec. timer. Just read his post. I had the same problem.sd,try to lower your quality settings to low for that level..worked for me :D

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:46 pm

The 10-sec timer and the restore communications problems both are discussed in that thread.

fb_jpk

Postby fb_jpk » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:49 am

I assume the silo in question is the one in the 4th level...

And yes, getting stuck there is a known bug. And it is actually a fixed bug, just waiting for the patch to be released (which will hopefully happen very soon).

Why exactly does the game crash? That certainly is not related to the "doors don't open bug"... Possibly some kind of display driver bug. It can probably be avoided by using lower graphics settings (lower resolution / lower graphics quality setting).

SD

of crashes

Postby SD » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:16 pm

fb_jpk wrote:I assume the silo in question is the one in the 4th level...

And yes, getting stuck there is a known bug. And it is actually a fixed bug, just waiting for the patch to be released (which will hopefully happen very soon).

Why exactly does the game crash? That certainly is not related to the "doors don't open bug"... Possibly some kind of display driver bug. It can probably be avoided by using lower graphics settings (lower resolution / lower graphics quality setting).

Good question. Now, after finishing the game (sigh) I tried to figure patterns, but was not quite sure. It seemed to crash on level 4 and 2 and reboot the computer. Considering that it was immediate blank screen and reboot without any blue screen of death or stack dump, maybe it could be an illegal pointer ? Or running out a resource in video cards ? I havent seen the games generally crash that bad for a long time. Usually you get gpf window at blah blah but this feels like there is a low level call somewhere that bypasses windows xp calls.

I have GF 5700 Ultra 128mb, 512Mb and AMD 1800+ and I can say that the game ran like snail sometimes, expecially when a lot of creatures jumpled on the character or a video played and it sometimes then froze - it took my typing, but it could stay there for 5-10 seconds and then activate again, propably handling event queueing ?

Sometimes game crashed if I hit esc to bypass videos at the beginning of a game. I do have the very latests Nvidia drivers.

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:56 pm

I had this problem too. I went in, lights went out, killed monsters and... nothing. The Lights never came back on and the music was out. Then I upgraded my Flamethrower with Flame Trap, cooked myself to death on the flames and tried again. This time the doors you came in from were open and they didn't close. I walked all over the map and a wierd blue light shone on every object. Then I restarted the level, played again and got through.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:49 pm

Same thing happens to me,. i got stucked too. and i had to restart the level again and got through,. its annoying to start the game again, the fact that its a long journey to get back from where you came from... the game should have a auto-save on specific locations where the game has been ended.

I have GF 5700 Ultra 256mb, 1G Ram and P4 3.06 HT and the game pause when its been configured on a high-resolution,. i had to play it on 800x600 to eliminate snail movements..

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”