Crashing to desktop, mission 2

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
kdf

Crashing to desktop, mission 2

Postby kdf » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:21 pm

Good day, I bought this game a few days ago.
I keep crashing in the second mission. It happens and has happened every time I play the game. There is no specific thing that seems to set it off. It has happened in the beginning, middle, and at the very end of the mission (unfortunately, it was before the mission officially ended, so I have to play mission two again).
It crashes to the desktop.
I have P4 2.8,
1 gig of RAM,
Radeon X800 pro,
SB Audigy.
XP sp2

All drivers updated, The 1.05 patch is installed.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I really enjoy the game, but playing the second mission over and over, gets old after a while.

Thanks,
kdf

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:02 am

Sorry to hear that. It's funny how all the known elusive bugs are again popping up now all at once.

I think the easiest way to get past this is to just download the savegame for the third mission. You can find it at
http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/savegames/save_3.dhs

Put it into Profiles\yourprofile\Save\ and then load it. It should have all the right weapons and logs etc.

Let me know if this helps.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

CoolBoy

Postby CoolBoy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:05 am

Just to let you know, the random crash to desktop problem I had was definitely related to my Nvidia drivers. I recently updated to a "modified" beta version and I'm having no problems. I am now replaying Shadowgrounds for the sixth time.
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb." Spaceballs

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”