Anti-aliasing question

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
Malygris

Anti-aliasing question

Postby Malygris » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:35 pm

When I set the anti-aliasing option in the SGS launcher, it resets back to "disabled" as soon as I leave the graphics options screen. It doesn't matter whether I select 2x or 4x, or whether I launch the game directly or go to a different launcher screen. The anti-aliasing option in my video card software is set to "application select," so it shouldn't be overriding the game's settings.

I'm using an ATI X800 GTO2 (Sapphire variant, basically a tricked-up GTO model) with Catalyst version 7.4 installed. I haven't noticed this problem with any other games. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:22 pm

Thanks. This seems to be a bug, happened to me too now. Should be easy to fix in the first update...

For now, if you want to use antialising, you can either edit the Config\options.txt manually, or while in the game, open the console with F8 key, and then write "anti" and press TAB. This should autofill "antialias_samples" and then just enter a number (0, 2 or 4 are the options I think). I'm not sure if it's applied after next mission load or after a relaunch of the game, so you should probably quit and start it again after this. Then it should be permanent so long as you don't change the other settings in the Launcher.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Malygris

Postby Malygris » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:51 pm

Thanks Joel. Your solution fixed it right up, it does appear to be permanent and I did have to quit and restart the game in order for the change to take effect.

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”