Solution to crashing problems?

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
Daegameth

Solution to crashing problems?

Postby Daegameth » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:37 am

I think I may have stumbled upon a solution for the crashing of SGS after loading a level.

I noticed that if you make it a point to get the 'S' symbols in every level you may not experience level load crashes..

Seems to be working so far, to confirm, does anyone know if there is a S in the level where you first get the mech with the sniper? Thats where I crashed out last since playing from Wheres Backup, too tired to give it another go :)

Specs:
Vista 64
Q6600
Nvidia 8800 GTX
4 Gb ram

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:30 am

Finding secrets has nothing to do with stopping the crashes. What you've experienced is purely coincidental.

Daegameth

Postby Daegameth » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:03 am

Well I realize my post was a wee bit short, but there is a bit of background to it.

I was running into the crashing issue on all levels up to Wheres Backup. On that level I could not complete it as no amount of restarting SGS would solve the crashing issue. I used the setMissonSuccessCounter 1 once or twice, to progress then after that point I had started to find the S's in the level. Since then I did not run into a problem until the mech level.

Possibly a coincidence yes, but at least it MIGHT help someone.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:35 pm

It may or may not be coincidence, as this is a very random bug in any case. Finding the secrets does do some small data changes, so it's plausible that it could affect things. I wouldn't count on it 100% but it's worth a shot.

We'll try to fix this soonish anyway.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”