Bugs in version 1.06 of SGS

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
Pitlord

Bugs in version 1.06 of SGS

Postby Pitlord » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi! Shadowgrounds is a great game. SGS is a great game as well. But great games too have bugs. And I don't mean the flesh ripping, poison spewing bugs of Ganymede. I mean the bugs in code. These are some bugs I've found in the SGS patched with the latest patch so far.

Level spawn point in the second to last level doesn't seem to work right always. When I played with Luke I got spawned inside a wall which made the level impossible to play through and forced me to reload the level. This doesn't happen if you start to play from this level. But if you start from the previous level it happens very often to me.

Also there is a graphics glitch with Luke's "Brute slayer" and "Protective layer" perks combined. Sometimes when I get shot by brute while doing the brute slayer move, the green shield glow remains in the ground where I stood when I did the brute slayer.

I have a screenshot of the latter case. If you need it, let me know. I can also try to get one from the spawn problem although it doesn't happen all the time.

Just a sidenote. Not a bug but that mech walking sound is terror to my ears. :) Like someone banged a kettle with a spoon. It would have been better if it had more bass to it.

My system:
Windows XP (32 bit)
Athlon 64 3000+
Geforce 6600 with 256 MB of memory
2 GB of RAM

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:40 pm

Thanks. These sound perfectly possible and I think the level spawn problem has been mentioned elsewhere too. We'll see if these can get fixed (but frankly they are quite minor problems so I'm not promising anything). And I guess we need to take a look at those sounds too. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Raptor

Postby Raptor » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:56 pm

What is the current version SGS? I have 1.0 and update utility tells that this is newest... I tried to find any patch, but there was only one for SG (1.05) I have box version...

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Raptor, what's your country version? 1.06 is the latest but it hasn't been updated yet to some country versions.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

JuhiZ

Postby JuhiZ » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:37 pm

I have a crash when I try to start the last level and I had same problems with some other levels too, but the last level doesn´t start at all, it just crashes. I would really like to be able to play the game without the crashes, otherwise the game works fine.
It´s a great game and would be better without the bug.
I have a retail version and patch version is finland 1.06.

System:
Windows Vista 32bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz
Geforce 8800GTS 320mb
2GB DDR2 800MHz
NVIDIA Forceware 169.28

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:10 pm

JuhiZ does it crash at a specific % point, or just randomly? Or are we still talking about a crash when you press Start?
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

JuhiZ

Postby JuhiZ » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:49 pm

It crashes when I press Start.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:31 pm

Do you have to re-play the earlier level, Keep Your Claws Off? If so, you could try to download
http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/sgs_sa ... ave_24.dhs
and try to load that...

If you can just try to load the last mission without having to replay the earlier mission, then you should try different graphics settings, e.g. Very Low settings. Also check/uncheck the Reset After Load option in the Graphics tab. I'm hoping one of these would work. It's some kind of a random bug that we haven't been able to track down yet...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

JuhiZ

Postby JuhiZ » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:07 am

Now my save stops downloading in 55% in Keep Your Claws Off, but that http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/sgs_sa ... ave_24.dhs save worked fine, but ofcourse it didn´t have my upgrades and stuff.
I would like to play this game with my own save so I hope you can get this fixed.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:52 am

Yeah I'm going to work with the saves today probably; I've received some "normal" saves so I just need to check they're ok.

Quite interesting, though... We'll have to see if the save game creation is causing the problem.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

JuhiZ

Postby JuhiZ » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:35 pm

OK.
Hope you find the problem. :wink:

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”