A few crashes on SGS

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
ZEUS_GB

A few crashes on SGS

Postby ZEUS_GB » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:39 pm

I start running around shooting aliens on Missing Backups and I got a application error, it then threw me out to the desktop. I reloaded the game and played the level again and it was OK.

Before I had the crash while playing the Missing Backups level crashed while loading with the same application error. Before the loading crash the script for the doctor to overide the security doors didn't run properly. Within a split second of him talking to me he'd finished overriding the doors and was ready to go. I don't know if this was because i'd not gone through the front door or not.

I'm running at 1280x1024 with everything set to very high, AF set to 4x, AA set to 4x and physics set to high. EAX and hardware 3D is on.

Current specs:

QX6850 Extreme (3.0GHz Quad Core),
4GB RAM,
768MB Geforce 8800GTX,
SB Audigy 2 ZS,
XP SP2.

I get between 110fps and 70fps. :D

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:32 am

I got another application error just after i'd finished the Come Closer level.
Check out my retro goodness YouTube channel

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Sounds odd. Could be a case of having a too powerful computer, haha.

Seriously, I don't know what would cause this. If the crashes occur only during level loading, then it's very interesting. Is this the case, do these always happen during level loading, and if so, at what percentage? (Could be related to a similar issue.)

The Save the Scientist mission script bug is probably just that, a script bug... do you mean the phase where you first meet him, or when he overrides the door just before the mission ends?
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:54 pm

The level loading crash only happened once, It doesn't show a percentage on the screen you hear the music but it died before or just as it displayed the loading screen.

The script bug happen when you first meet him. He says he had to override the doors but he did completed it a split second after he said it.

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:59 pm

I just played the level again and it worked fine, no crash or script bug.

I did the same as before moved the skip in front of the door, used the path to walk around the building the doctors in, killed the two aliens and enter the building through the back door.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:01 pm

Ok thanks. If the crash bug starts happening more often, let me know. The script bug was probably just one random bug, it's the first time it has been reported so it's hopefully very minor. :)

Edit: Ok. Have fun. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

ZEUS_GB

Re: A few crashes on SGS

Postby ZEUS_GB » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:10 pm

Will do.

I'm playing the game through again on hard using the Lightning gun (oh how I love that gun).

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”